Frozen Meal Reviews

I know they tend to have a lot of sodium but I need some things I can just pop in the microwave while I'm making the kids lunch so I'm not eating off their plates! So, I thought we could review ones that we eat so that it might help with the standing in the frozen section wondering if they are any good. Today I had -

Lean Cuisine Market Creations - Shanghai Style Shrimp

It comes in a bag and steams in the microwave. I was pleasantly surprised with this. I love shrimp so any meal that involves shrimp is good with me. It has noodles, carrots, snap peas and red bell peppers in a sweet and spicy asian sauce. It is exactly what it says. The sauce was a little sweet for me but I did like the spice mixed with it. The shrimp was yummy and the noodles were good. I wish the noodles were longer so it would be easy to twirl them though. The carrots still had some bite to them but I didn't eat the peas or peppers so I can't speak for those.

Would I get this again? Yes!

Replies

• Smart Ones Swedish Meatballs-

Delicious! I do find them a little bland so I add a pinch of salt-substitute or add whatever seasonings I have around. These are my go-to when I don't have time for a meal or when I need to keep my meal low values. I cut my meatballs in small pieces to make them last longer. If I have a salad handy, it is a good meal.

Great Value Swedish Meatballs-

These are quite as healthy and I'm not as fond of them as the Smart Ones. The meatballs have an add texture. HOWEVER, if I don't have SO coupons, I'll snag a few of these. ;)
  • I'm actually a fan of a lot of frozen meals- do I eat them when I'm not dieting, No, but they're pretty yummy for when we are. I tend to buy the cheapest ones so haven't tried tons of them but here are a few I have.

Smart ones- three cheese baked ziti, creamy rigatoni with chicken and broccoli, pasta with ricotta and spinach and the swedish meatballs.

Lean cuisine- any of the pizzas, beef portabello, chicken carbonara, mushroom marsala is my favorite:)