DVD's at home workouts

Options
sunnydays33
sunnydays33 Posts: 181 Member
I am giving Ms. Jillian Michaels another pat on the back for 'Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism'. I just did this 40 min workout and I've burned over 650 calories and I'm still cooling down...HR is still 100! I was dripping in sweat within 10 minutes!!

As you may know, I finished the 30 Day Shred in December...I lost about 6 lbs and a little more than 5"...which is great considering I am in my 9th month of weight loss. While I could tell I built muscle and stamina, I think what I was really looking for was some good 'ole fashion cardio. Well this DVD delivers! It's officially my Jan video challenge.

What are some of your faves...?

Replies

• fee2dancesing
    Options
    I have a coupl of the Biggest Loser DVD's that I like to do for a good burn. I'm debating on getting the JM 30 day shred. Everyone seems to like it. I jus have to make sure that I can commit for 30 straight days to doing the same thing.
  • chicatita
    chicatita Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I have a coupl of the Biggest Loser DVD's that I like to do for a good burn. I'm debating on getting the JM 30 day shred. Everyone seems to like it. I jus have to make sure that I can commit for 30 straight days to doing the same thing.

Tomorrow will be day 17 for me on the shred. You don't have to do it consecutively, but it doesn't hurt to (JM leaves me winded most days! lol).

I'm started Turbo Jam today---any turbo jammers out there?
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Jillian's BFBM! One of the best cardio DVDs! I also love the "sister" to this video ("No More Trouble Zones"), but it's more weight-based. These would be two great videos to do a 30 day challenge, by alternating each day. I might do this after I finish up Power 90.

I am also a HUGE fan of all things Chalene Johnson. I LOVE Turbo Jam and Turbo Fire. I bought Turbo Jam when it first came out years ago and it's still one of my favorite programs. Such a fun workout!

Honestly, I think the key is finding a DVD you like and it becomes that much easier to stay on course!
  • acdeed
    acdeed Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am doing Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30, and I love it, boy is it a workout in only 24 minutes. My hamstrings hurt and my knees. I may have to switch to something less taxing on my knees. My knees are not as young as they use to be. Ouch! Going to try Billy Blanks Ultimate Tae Bo Bootcamp DVD from 2007. It's raining out and I gotta move my *kitten*. I may have to even go to the attic and pull out my old "The Firm Fanny Lifter and DVD's." Hopefully I can progress to Jillian later.:happy:
  • trudemeanor
    trudemeanor Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Im currently doing Biggest Loser Bootcamp dvd. I also enjoy Leslie Sanson & Zumba. I think once I am done with Biggest Loser Bootcamp dvd I will try Piloxing.
  • Renee2GetFit
    Renee2GetFit Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bump