Exercise- what are you doing?

Options
Kooopons
Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
So what are you all doing? I have the latest Fitness mag issue and there is a pretty nice routine in there with some nice moves and in between you do these cross jacks for some interval type training. I love the interval workouts because I think you get a good bang for your buck! I also walked on the treadmill but need some weight training to help with some muscle building- I want to get pumped- lol lol lol- JK JK, just need to tone the flab!

So what are you all doing for exercise?

Replies

• luvsdeals
    luvsdeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    These past 2 days I've just been walking. Once on the treadmill and the other pushing the jogger wearing my 9 month old. I know I need to do strength training. BFL works best for me but I'm so resistant to do the weight training part of it. (I find having to switch out the dumb bell weights to increase the weight makes the workout so much longer than 45 minutes which is about all I can squeeze out at a time with 6 kids!) I did 30ds but saw no results with that after 2-3 weeks.
  • Treadababy
    Options
    Besides sitting on my butt? Hmmm....I measured my walk to the mail box. DOWN A HILL, UP A HILL! 10 Calories!?! WTH? GEEZ. I like the site Map My Walk.com It allows you to put in your address then click on the roads you are walking...You input the time it took to walk that route. It then says how many calories you used. I thought of Jumoing Jacks. EXCEPT....No amount of pads will keep me dry! I peeeeeeeeeeeeee no matter what.... Having kids is hard on a body ><
  • McCoolMama
    McCoolMama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I hate weights & am not really coordinated so I stick mainly to cardio, at least in the beginning. After I drop some weight & feel more comfortable in my own skin, I'll start on the weights & other machines. I love the elliptical and go for an hour easily. The treadmill is boring to me, and the stair machine totally kicks my *kitten*. I'm sticking to the elliptical only for the next month or so.
  • mom2jrn
    mom2jrn Posts: 40
    Options
    Just walking on the treadmill for me. Once I get to the point where that is not a workout I will add in the 30DS but last time I did it, it hurt my knees and I can't have that with the dancing I have to do.
  • Cindy4866
    Cindy4866 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Right now just walking, riding my exercise bike and some heavy house cleaning. I really need to do something more hard core but I have a uterine biopsy next week and then if that goes well an ablation in February. Once I get all those issues resolved (and they are horrible!) I will get back to taking the kids to the gym to swim and possible get my fat butt on some of the equipment.
  • briebollenberg
    briebollenberg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I try and do cardio 5x a week. 3x I normally drop in at the Y for a Zumba class. Then the other 2 days I will do the treadmill or elliptical. I didnt work out yesterday or today because I was organizing the girls play closet and that was a workout in itself. There is a cardio hip hop class that just started saturday mornings at the Y, so I'm gonna go to bed early and get up for that (so I say). Wish me luck!
  • AJones1021
    AJones1021 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I always take a Zumba class once a week at a local fitness place. I signed up for a belly dancing class also (I pre-paid for 8 weeks, so I HAVE to go...the bargain hunter in me will force it!). The past 2 nights, I've just gotten on Xfinity (Comcast) on Demand and done two of the workouts on there. I want to join a gym for the treadmill/machines, but I haven't yet.
  • murielpt
    Options
    I would love to do Zumba! i am doing p90X2 right now, week 3 started yesterday...
  • BklynMamacita
    BklynMamacita Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Kickboxing 3 days a week. Strength training 2 days a week. I want to add in running soon.
  • Kelgirl36
    Options
    In the past I've done a lot of jogging on the treadmill for exercise. What my doctor suggested that I think will really work best for me is to just put on some music and dance/jump around with my kids. It's too cold for us to get out much and they need the exercise as much as I do. I entered 20 minutes of general dancing today and that was 111 calories. Not bad for having fun with my kids! I'll probably be doing that, some jogging on the treadmill, and strength training whenever I can fit it in.
  • netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I do walk away the pounds DVD workouts by Leslie Sansone - typically 2-3 miles in the morning and every other day I use 2 pound hand weights during the workout - I also bought a 10 pound kettle bell and started doing that at night, but only for 10-15 minutes right now - I'm just frustrated because I literally feel like I am kicking butt on the workouts and not seeing much of a difference at all, but I refuse to give up!!!!
  • myspiral
    myspiral Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am planning to do elliptical/arc rider/treadmill for about 45 mins 3x this week (just got back to the gym this week), then I am going to add 30ds to that in a week or 2.
    Once I get used to that routine I have Beach Body Insanity that I'm going to try.
    I was running a lot last year, then had knee problems that were a pain to deal with, so I got lazy and now I'm jiggly and thick.
  • KPKoze
    KPKoze Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm training for 5K/10K races. I need to run 3-4 times a week and I do between 3.5-4.5 miles each time. Getting faster :) Must at least get under 60 minutes for the 10k on Memorial day!! Then on the off days I need to motivate myself to do the Insanity workouts with the group here at work. I slack on those days but I really need to stop slacking and start doing!! Babyweight won't lose itself obviously!! (stupid "melts off with breastfeeding" crock of *(^%#@&amp;) LOL
  • flyeagle
    Options
    I pull up 10 minute toning on netflix on my phone and do it. It is several 10 minute sessions and each targets a different set of muscles. Right now I am doing one a day (rotating through them). In a couple weeks I plan to start doing 2 a day. I also try to do Zumba for 20 minutes a day on the wii.
  • AJones1021
    AJones1021 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    netter - LOVE Leslie Sansone. I know there was a deal on her DVD at Target (last week I think), but I missed it! I want to pick up a few of those. She's positive, but not TOO cheery, lol. Just my speed!
  • PamelaHoopes
    Options
    I'm limited to aquatic physical therapy right now so I'm mainly having to rely on diet which I'm failing miserably at. It is so depressomg.