Ok now that we discussed pants..how about longer tops.

Options
joann
joann Posts: 624 Member
I have a hard time finding longer fitting tops and t'shirts. Im sure everyone knows that and xlarge can be from a size 2 to a 16 and when you go to 1x thru 4x they just get wider..I like to cover my butt and stomach but always have a hard time finding tops long enough.

Replies

• mandana_18
    mandana_18 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, a lot of times I wear skirts and jack them up so that they go above where they should be so my stomach does not hang out, or I wear a tanktop under my shirt and let it hang out of the bottom .
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I hate short tops! I have coped by wearing a longer tank top underneath any tops I wear and letting that hang out the bottom as well, but I am sick of it. Any store suggestions for longer tops much appreciated!
  • ogosun
    ogosun Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    no one wear short tops anymore... that is so "dated".... trashy looking no matter how old you are
    all tops are longer now days.... and look much nicer... i don't think you can even buy short top anywhere....
  • sarahp86
    sarahp86 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I have a few dresses.... Well the shops I bought them in call the, dresses, I wear them as tops because they're so friggan short on me compared to women of an "average" height
  • Justine13
    Justine13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I have to say that Bench clothing, and loulou lemon stores (I think are only in canada) have tops and pants that are really long. sometimes too long for me. I know you can order them online as well.
    They are more of an athletic type store but not all of their stuff is that tight fitting yoga type stuff.
  • emstgm
    emstgm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am currently wearing a size 2x tops. Eddie Bauer has tall t-shirts that I love. Also, last year and the year before, they had a bunch of tall sweaters I loved. I bought about 8 of them - mostly zippered cardigans. Yes, I'm a geek. But my everyday go-to-work outfit is a zippered cardigan and a long sleeve t-shirt, v-neck.

Eddie Bauer blouses in 2x do NOT fit me though. Too tight. That's why I'm here.:smile:

I look forward to hearing where others shop for tops.
  • rebecca_d35
    Options
    A lot of J Crew's shirts come in tall sizes--especially their work shirts. I have super-long arms and that's one of the few places I've found that sells shirts with sleeves long enough for my spider arms.

They also make many of their shoes up to a size 12!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I find that old navy and gap shirts in tall work and eddie bauer shirts come in tall.

I love places like anthropologie and finally can shop there, but everything is short, so unless I wear some kind of tank under it, I can't do it.
  • lilcmac22
    lilcmac22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have a very long torso. It is so bad that I can not go into Walmart or Target and pick up a shirt. Like someone else said, I always have a undershirt on that is seen at the bottom of my regular shirt. The two favorite places I have found are Eddie Bauer and Athleta (owned by the same people as GAP) Eddie Bauer has more classic looks and Athleta has sporty, everyday wear. They are expensive if you are on a budget, but keep checking online and they have big sales every so often and you can stock up. I absolutely love their dresses and skirts because you can get them in tall, which adds an extra 3 hem. Their shirts are great because they are not just longer at the bottom, but longer in the arms many times also.
    Hope it helps!
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I have a few dresses.... Well the shops I bought them in call the, dresses, I wear them as tops because they're so friggan short on me compared to women of an "average" height

This. My friends have worn my tops as dresses before. Especially in college where all I shopped at was Forever 21, Bebe, UO, etc - it was a nightmare finding a nonslutty, long enough 'dress'! haha
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    JC Penny sells tops in long, as well as Banana Republic. However, you need to order them off the web-site.
  • MamaKeeks
    MamaKeeks Posts: 234
    Options
    I've been blessed with the triple threat - long torso, long arms and broad shoulders. Women's blouses and fitted shirts just do not fit. :grumble:
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Right now H&M has out all their basics for spring/ summer and I just bought a bunch of tops that are super long...like I don't know how women with shorter torsos will wear these things. Take a look!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I often have this problem with fitted tees. I usually layer with a cami-type tank top but even when the shirt is very short, it looks silly!