new member with questions

Options
Hi there! My name is Rhonda and I am new to mfp and to your group. I was so happy to find a group for Christian women, and to share my weight loss journey with others. Losing weight is not easy, especially the older you get!
My main motivation this time around is not only to lose pounds, but I want a strong body. I want to have more energy to fulfill my spiritual destiny. I want to offer myself to the Lord as a living sacrifice. He deserves my best!

My question may seem like a dumb one, but I was wondering how does one go about adding friends, accepting friends and what is the benefit of doing so? I am 43 and have so far resisted getting a face book page, so I am not very knowledgeable as far as on line friendships, etc. Any advice would be appreciated, especially because I am wary about who to accept as friends. I guess I am much better at meeting people in person than I am on the computer! lol

Looking forward to getting to know you. May God bless you. (:(:
Thanks for taking time to respond.

Replies

• mamaw53
    mamaw53 Posts: 71
    Options
    Hi Rhonda, I am a Rhonda also! I joined MFP in February of last year and it has been a HUGE source of accountability, inspiration, and encouragement to me. I have managed to lose about 30 pounds total and to KEEP IT OFF! You see, this is a great site to use even after you lose the weight and want to maintain the weight loss.

To add friends just click on their name, and send a request.
    Good luck and may God bless you on this journey!
  • lalalee13
    lalalee13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am also new- joined last week. A friend told me about it. I wasn't sure I wanted to focus so much on calories, etc. but you can use it however it works best for you. I have been amazed and encouraged reading other people's stories. That is the best thing - instant encouragement! A couple ideas for adding friends: ask people you know to join the site, begin by adding friends from this group. Remember people will only see whatever information you choose to put on here. If anyone is ever inappropriate all you have to do is delete them as a friend. So far I haven't seen anything of concern. I think it is wonderful how God will connect us as sisters through His Holy Spirit. This group gives us a way to inspire and bless each other. Praying you will know HIs love in a deeper way as you are on this journey. Blessings!