Scared to Eat?

I'm struggling today. I am kind of hungry, but feel too scared to eat. I'm not sure what's triggered this today. Does anyone else ever get that? I'm going to try and snap out of it and have something, but it's so hard, and it's making me feel quite stressed out.

Replies

• I definitely get this way and it's typically because a part of me is feeling out of control and/or wanting to fix some past **** up I may have had. I typically just try to eat a little. I rationalize that even minuscule Amy of calories to the day is better than nothing.
  • Beezer322
    Beezer322 Posts: 69 Member
    Yes I have those days. Mostly I am afraid to eat because I'm scared I'll just want to get rid of it and fall into a b/p cycle..
    When this happens I try to drink some water and wait until I'm with someone to eat something, even if it's small. That way I'm not as tempted to hit the bathroom afterwards.
    I hope you're doing better today.
  • charcharbec
    charcharbec Posts: 253 Member
    Yah... ever since i was my heaviest I was afraid to eat. I figured whatever I ate I would gain weight. I would breath and gain weight... and now that I have been calorie restricting for like 5-6 months at like 300-450 calories a day (and then working out 45 mins 6 times a week) I am realizing that it is a really really really unhealthy way to live. But I am still scared to eat. I am still scared to add the extra calories. My goal is so close, aren't I going to ruin it? I certainly hope not..... but I am trying anyway. One day at a time right?
  • luvlyjanny
    luvlyjanny Posts: 85 Member
    I'm struggling today. I am kind of hungry, but feel too scared to eat. I'm not sure what's triggered this today. Does anyone else ever get that? I'm going to try and snap out of it and have something, but it's so hard, and it's making me feel quite stressed out.

i feel like this every single day!!
  • Yes every day! but what's the alternative? not be scared and binge eat! at least thats how i am. i channel that fear and use it to make healthier decisions. just be strong you've already taken the most important step to recovery...acknowledging the problem. you can do it, just stay strong.