Checking In

Options
BwnEyedWifey
BwnEyedWifey Posts: 100 Member
Hello All... How is everyone doing so far? To be honest, I am not doing as good as I wanted.... Im still in that funk and that "no mood for excercise" I hate that feeling. A good thing that I heard last week at my job was that they are having a weight loss challenge in our off and the winner can win $750.00 Its pretty exciting and I think that will jump start my weight loss again. It doesnt start until Jan 22nd, but I am looking forward to it. I can really use the money but most of all I really need to start losing all this weight.

Well I hope you all are doing better than me.. Keep up the good work and check in every now and then :) Let us know your sucesses or even disappointments.

Take care. :)

Replies

• kstance
    kstance Posts: 11
    Options
    I had my first official weigh in last night in my family's Biggest Loser competition. According to those scales, I lost 3.2 pounds (the ones at home say I lost five, so I kind of like those better). Either way, it's a loss and I'll take it. My cousin beat me by six-tenths of a pound, so now I'm even more motivated to eat right and exercise. Hopefully this week the "official" scale will show a five pound loss. I hope everyone else is doing well! Happy wedding planning! :bigsmile:
  • Mmeeker09
    Options
    Hey!
    Well last weekend we had friends down so that was hard because everyone wanted to go out for every meal. I made good chioces for the most part. Also we went to a bridal show and there was so many vendors handing out cake samples.. but I resisted the urge!!! I recently starting doing graveyard shifts and it is really taking a toll on my body, and on top of that school just started again so I am super busy and super exhausted. I have not been working out as much as I would like to but I have managed to get atleast 20 mins in every night. I have been eating really good but with working nights it is hard to tell when to eat or how much so I have been eating one or two things every couple hours. It seems to be working because I have lost 8.5 pounds since jan. 1st!! I wish all you ladies the best of luck! If this couch potato and get up and move her booty I know all of you can too!!!
  • shayla21marie
    shayla21marie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am doing well for the most part, I bought myself a personal size blender so I either have a fruit/yogurt smoothie for breakfast that I can take to school with me, or a grapefruit and weight control oatmeal. Its SO much easier to lose weight when you can work in things you actually like to eat, and you can still enjoy eating but in a responsible manner :) another good one is pita pizza, Its in my diary from Yesterday you could even trim calories from it by using different meat or adding veggies, and I has a Mcdonalds snack size flurry today (GUILTY PLEASURE) but I stayed under my daily goal, and for the most part had a really successful day:)

I would like to know where everyone is in their wedding planning? We don't have a date yet... we haven't even told his parents! because we live in a different city and we want to tell them in person but all of my family knows haha. we are thinking 2013/2014 (im kinda nervous about the number 13 haha. I wish I was a few years older and we had me a few years sooner so I could have gotten married on 11.11.11 when we got engaged! haha
  • Mmeeker09
    Options
    We are not very far on our wedding planning either. We were hoping for fall/winter 2012 but that might not be enough time. The only thing I have is my wedding dress!!! Because I won one!!! Wedding planning is very stressful! I am not in a huge hurry though. We have the rest of our lives together why rush the beginning :)
  • BwnEyedWifey
    Options
    Wedding planning isnt very far ahead. We did find our venue/reception but we cant book it until April because they only book 18 mths in advance... we are planning an October 2013 wedding which Im hoping it will be plenty for me to lose all the weight I want. It will be fall season and Im looking into a lot of fall things... I think my colors are going to be a dark orange/brown.. but its not set in stone just an idea... Ive seen so many cute fall things like guest book, flutes, cake server... so Im trying to narrow it down on what we really want and I plan to start buying things here and there throughout the year so I wont have to come up with so much at the last minute.. I havent found my dress... havent even begun to look to be honest... I say I dont want to look until I am closer to my goal weight..other than that I know I need to get busy as im sure 2013 will be here in no time :)

MMEEKER09- Where do you live?. we had a bridal show here in Houston this past weekend as well.
  • kstance
    Options
    My fiance and I aren't very far in the planning process either. I have way too many ideas bouncing around in my head to start settling on things. We have found a couple of venue options for the reception that are in budget, and have looked at one, so we'll probably pick one in late spring or summer (we're getting married May of 2013). I'm not going to shop for dresses until this summer because I want to get the most recent styles possible, plus I feel like I will be able to reach my goal weight by then, or at least be really close. The one thing we have pretty much gotten accomplished is establishing the wedding party. We're going to ask them sometime in the next few months (hopefully soon because I'm DYING to ask my girls to be my bridesmaids). I just want to say that having this group is making my weight loss process so much more fun! I can't wait to here the details of everyone's weddings and weight loss as we keep on trucking down this road. :)
  • AmberM6912
    Options
    I have most of my planning done. All I have left is to order the invitations (we have picked them out, just not pressed the go button) and figure out centerpieces. Our date is June 9, 2012. I am having my tonsils out, septoplasty, and a turbinate reduction on February 2, so that will put me out of planning for at least 3 weeks. Also, I am trying to tone up as much as possible before surgery because I know I will lose a lot of weight because of my limited diet and I don't want to look unhealthy.
  • Mmeeker09
    Options
    ECONCHA- I live in Oregon! Oh and the other thing I have planned out is my guest book and my colors :) For any of you brides who are not a Pinterest.com member I suggest you sign up immediately they have the best ideas ever!
    These are my color and guest book ideas :)
    http://pinterest.com/pin/209417451392241065/
    http://pinterest.com/pin/209417451392241062/
  • BwnEyedWifey
    Options
    ECONCHA- I live in Oregon! Oh and the other thing I have planned out is my guest book and my colors :) For any of you brides who are not a Pinterest.com member I suggest you sign up immediately they have the best ideas ever!
    These are my color and guest book ideas :)
    http://pinterest.com/pin/209417451392241065/
    http://pinterest.com/pin/209417451392241062/

LOVE IT!!! I submitted an invite.. so hopefully I will get one soon :) Website looks neat.. :)
  • kstance
    Options
    I just got invited by a friend and signed up. I can e-mail you an invite if you'd like.
  • BwnEyedWifey
    Options
    I just got invited by a friend and signed up. I can e-mail you an invite if you'd like.

Yes please.. ive been checking my email but I havent got anything from them yet.. :)<thanks>
  • BwnEyedWifey
    Options
    Sorry.. email address is elicia.concha@yahoo.com
  • Mmeeker09
    Options
    You can try to find me on there my name is mariah meeker and then you can look at the rest of my pins also :)
  • kstance
    Options
    Haven't checked in lately, so I figured I'd see how everyone was doing, both with weight loss and wedding planning. I didn't lose weight at my weigh-in on Monday, in fact I gained eight-tenths of a pound. My mom said it looked like I had built up some muscles in my legs, so I'm hoping that was the cause of the gain because I worked out 5 days last week. I've worked out all 5 days so far this week. Tomorrow is the dreaded bridesmaid dress fitting for my brother's wedding, so hopefully I'll at least be able to keep my composure and not cry if I look like crap in the dress. I know that come April 15th I'll be a whole new me (and a lot less me) in the dress, so it will be okay. As far as my big day goes, not much going on in the planning department. However, I do officially have all my female attendants selected and on board, which is REALLY exciting. Hope everyone is doing well!