Replies

• avimoo
    avimoo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The link won't work for me :cry:
  • Calvinsgrl1
    Calvinsgrl1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Im sorry but for whatever reason I am not having luck with the link I will keep trying.

How's it going? Is anyone else having problems with the link?

Your twin's name is emilyabuhr. Her start weight is 182 and so is her current weight, her goal is 140.

She's 5th 8 and 26 years old. I though you'd get on as you said you enjoy all kind of cardio and her favourite exercises are p90x and backpacking.

:) x

Thanks so much :)
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I can't open the link, so don't know if I'm on it or not.

I think this idea of someone to help you along the way is a really good one. :)
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    have a look at the "Lovely Pairs" thread, I have matched more of you up and posted it on there!
  • hello_kitty3
    hello_kitty3 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My husband told me I have to keep my fat under 25g a day so trust me I know its hard to keep it lower! You can do it though!

Interesting! Why 25g?
    [/quote]

he said that's how much you're supposed to have if you want to lose weight. I've only been trying it for about a week so we'll see if it works or not lol its very hard to do. I feel like I'm eating a lot but my calories are just so low all the time.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I hope to have a twin by the end of the day :)
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    me too candy!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    awwh i guess i was too late :(
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    My husband told me I have to keep my fat under 25g a day so trust me I know its hard to keep it lower! You can do it though!

Interesting! Why 25g?

he said that's how much you're supposed to have if you want to lose weight. I've only been trying it for about a week so we'll see if it works or not lol its very hard to do. I feel like I'm eating a lot but my calories are just so low all the time.
    [/quote]

Sigh. Fat is good, saturated fat is bad. If 25grams is working for you ... okay, but maybe try a bit higher mine is around the 50-55 mark.

Along with protein and carbohydrate, fat is one of three macronutrients the human body needs to survive. These macronutrients provide the energy needed for growth and basic body functions. Fat provides energy, cushions your organs and allows the body to absorb necessary nutrients such as vitamins A, D, E and K. Fats also give foods flavor and consistency. A diet deficient in fat would be unhealthy and would lack flavor.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/451292-why-do-we-need-fats-in-our-diets/#ixzz1jKsX0nqi
  • ingbaden
    Options
    I didn't see my name either, I am guessing my twin has not been found yet.
  • ShauntelB
    ShauntelB Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can not find Mrs. Hitch........
  • CindyCountingCalories
    Options

Interesting! Why 25g?

[/quote]

Yes its difficult keeping up with calories, I end up with a lot of sugar this way lol!
  • CindyCountingCalories
    Options

Interesting! Why 25g?

Sigh. Fat is good, saturated fat is bad. If 25grams is working for you ... okay, but maybe try a bit higher mine is around the 50-55 mark.

Along with protein and carbohydrate, fat is one of three macronutrients the human body needs to survive. These macronutrients provide the energy needed for growth and basic body functions. Fat provides energy, cushions your organs and allows the body to absorb necessary nutrients such as vitamins A, D, E and K. Fats also give foods flavor and consistency. A diet deficient in fat would be unhealthy and would lack flavor.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/451292-why-do-we-need-fats-in-our-diets/#ixzz1jKsX0nqi
    [/quote]

My interesting fact that I've posted was that I have tried lots of diets then stopped after a week, I never do or stick with anything unless I'm sure of all the facts.

I've done some research and yes fat is good, I've posted in my blog:

www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/CCrouse/view/if-fat-is-taken-out-sugar-is-added-193668

With some pics from my food dairy :-)
  • hello_kitty3
    Options
    I don't really have too much trouble keeping my fat lower and according to the 1st link I'm almost spot on for my fat intake, it says 28g and I'm usually between 25-30. The problem I have is the foods that I'm eating aren't really that high in calories either. I very rarely eat red meat, I pretty much eat chicken or turkey everyday. I've found that since I've lowered my fat that I'm full longer, its very hard for me to eat all that I need to eat just to stay above 1200 calories. I follow it very strictly M-F but on the weekends I'm more lax about it and usually go over a little bit. I don't have a problem at all with flavor in my food! I go over on sugar quite a bit but a lot of it is from fruit so I don't see it as a bad thing since its a different kind of sugar. I've lost a little bit of weight so far and I'll see how it works for a few more weeks, if I feel deprived or a lack of energy then I'll definitely reconsider adding a little more fat in and see if that helps. I don't a lot of saturated fat either, almost all my fat is unsaturated.
  • CindyCountingCalories
    Options
    I don't really have too much trouble keeping my fat lower and according to the 1st link I'm almost spot on for my fat intake, it says 28g and I'm usually between 25-30. The problem I have is the foods that I'm eating aren't really that high in calories either. I very rarely eat red meat, I pretty much eat chicken or turkey everyday. I've found that since I've lowered my fat that I'm full longer, its very hard for me to eat all that I need to eat just to stay above 1200 calories. I follow it very strictly M-F but on the weekends I'm more lax about it and usually go over a little bit. I don't have a problem at all with flavor in my food! I go over on sugar quite a bit but a lot of it is from fruit so I don't see it as a bad thing since its a different kind of sugar. I've lost a little bit of weight so far and I'll see how it works for a few more weeks, if I feel deprived or a lack of energy then I'll definitely reconsider adding a little more fat in and see if that helps. I don't a lot of saturated fat either, almost all my fat is unsaturated.

I wish we could eat more chicken and fish, my hubby makes it very difficult for me :( he loves meat and can't go one day without it. I'm so sick of making meat everyday lol!
  • sammibob
    Options
    I can not find Mrs. Hitch........

look for Mrs_Hitch. She's lovely, you'll like her
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Boohoo no pair for me yet - maybe I am too old lol. Oh well I guess in the meantime I will try to think how unique I am lol.
  • kjconway
    Options
    What do we do if our twin doesn't message us back :(
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Any twin yet?
  • hello_kitty3
    Options
    I wish we could eat more chicken and fish, my hubby makes it very difficult for me :( he loves meat and can't go one day without it. I'm so sick of making meat everyday lol!

I don't like fish but I got some salmon cause my husband loves it and I'm gonna try cooking it in a way that I will like. My husband used to love beef but we switched to ground turkey for everything we used to make with hamburger and now he likes that better. Every now and then I'll make steak or something but its very rare.