Welcome!!

Options
LJCannon
LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
I have searched without success for a Group of Ladies who go to Curves, and track their Journeys with MFP. Since I couldn't find one, I decided to create my own. I am looking forward to getting to know many MFP-Curves Ladies.

Replies

• risalea
    Options
    Hi, I've been a Curves member for many years, but just gave in and started using Smart several months ago. It DEFINITELY makes a difference! I'm doing an online support program through my local teaching hospital and I've lost 26 lbs.counting calories and exercising (up, down, up, down over the holidays), but trying to get back on track. I do Zumba in addition to my Curves workouts, the 30 min. at Curves and regular 1 hour Zumba at another workout center.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello, and WELCOME to the Curves Divas!! I am really excited that you are here and I am looking forward to seeing this little Group Grow and all of us become good Friends!!
  • MzGrinch9250
    MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hello. I've been a Curves member since February 2009. I was skeptical about Curves until a friend brought me in to give it a try and I was hooked after a couple of weeks. My first year at Curves I lost 9 lbs and when I started into my 2nd year my weight didn't increase, however, my measurements did. In August of 2011, I stumbled across the MFP app and as soon as I started using it, the weight started to come off and so did the inches. Since I've been a Curves member I have lost 38.50 lbs, 22 inches and reduced my body fat by 6.2%.

Just before the holidays I switched my Curves smart from fit and trim to muscle and strength. Prior to that I was thinking of moving my membership to a traditional gym and even told the ladies at Curves. I'm very happy with the muscle and strength and am looking forward to reaching my goal weight in 2012.
  • jullyn516
    jullyn516 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Julie and I am from West Virginia. I am a former Curves Circuit Coach. I worked there for 4 years and managed the club for 2 1/2 years. I now work as an administrative assistant, but am still a Curves member. I was at Curves for the start of Curves Smart and also Zumba in the Circuit. Curves keeps me sane along with Zumba. Time for me to head to work but I hope to get to know everyone later!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thank you Ladies for joining, and for introducing yourselves!! I am very excited about this Group and I am looking forward to really getting to know you and to supporting each other as we change our Lifestyles and Change Stations together!!
  • KetoMomRN
    KetoMomRN Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am Carol Ann. I joined curves in February 2009 and lost around 50lbs before I found out I was pregnant in Nov. 2009. I love the circuit and I love how it's quick in and out on the days I need it to be. Since having my daughter, I returned to Curves full force and have lost the baby weight and then some, totalling around 77lbs and close to 70inches! I'm very near goal now, just working on toning things up a bit. I look forward to meeting some more Curves ladies here! Thanks LJCannnon for creating this group! :D
  • pixydoodle
    Options
    I've only been going to Curves since late November. I was a member in the past but had to quit due to neck surgery. I am now as healed as i am going to get and go to Curves 3x a week. I also go to a fitness class 2 days a week at the gym, walk the treadmill and just started weight training there as well.
  • lcharity79
    lcharity79 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I'm Lisa, and I joined Curves on November 30th, 2011 in St. Louis, MO. In my first month there I lost 10 pounds (even during the Holidays!!! Yay!)...but more than that, I lost 30 total inches. I have been thrilled with the results. I love Zumba...and always try to do my regular circuit training even when doing Zumba...it makes for one great workout!

I look very forward to hearing about everyone else's successes!
  • DanielleKJames
    DanielleKJames Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im so excited for a Curves group! I just joined Curves the beginning of December and love the 30 minute workouts! So far I've lost 8.5 lbs and 5.5 inches which was much less than I hoped for considering I have over 100 to loose!! But I'll take it and add to it! With my new friends here on MFP and at Curves I'm determined to push harder and be better! Thanks for creating this group; I'm glad to have it as a resource!
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good Morning, Danielle!! And Welcome to the Curves Divas!! I am very excited about this little Group and I KNOW that Curves and MFP will turn us all into Permanent LOSERS!! No more Diets and No More Yo-Yo Lifestyle for us Divas!! I am looking forward to getting to know you and hearing all about your Curves.

Jeannie
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Even though I have also posted on a different topic, I will introduce myself here as well! I feel fortunate to be a part of this group. I have been a member of Curves for about 4 months, but I found MFP first. I had to lose some of the weight before I was really able to exercise at all. I have Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, so movement can be difficult at times, and I still work a fulltime job. After my diagnosis in Oct of 2010, I knew I had to do something, at least this finally explained the numbness, tingling and constant fatigue that had plagued me for several years and balooned my weight into the atmosphere! In Dec 2010, I started MFP, but didn't get serious until Jan 2011, I am very proud to report that today I am 51 lbs lighter than the day I joined MFP. Since I have now started Curves, I am looking to lose 60 lbs this year! Wish me luck.....and my very best to all you ladies as well!
  • MzGrinch9250
    Options
    Darlis - Welcome and you're doing an awesome job. Congratulations on your weight loss thus far and I'm sure if you keep at it, you'll reach your goal this year.
  • TonyaCrego
    TonyaCrego Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Im currently not a curves member but was interested in it. I did look up a few things and spoke with a lady today unfortunantly i didnt realize my local curves has closed its doors :( the next nearest is 25 miles from me. Im still checking into it for the future but I was wondering if anyone could give me more info about the smart start (or whatever its called) as well as how the zumba works with it??? Thanks in advance.
  • MzGrinch9250
    Options
    Tony - Smart Start works with a key tag which you place into a machine just before you start working out. It will record calories burned and how much by % you worked out on that machine. As you get stronger, it will adjust the "PI" Performance Index for each individual machine, either increasing or decreasing how hard you have to work the machine. Much like adding or removing weights when strength training.

I think they have several different programs, however, I'm not certain. Hopefully Jeannie can answer this for you, but, I'm on the muscle and strength program which is helping me to build more muscle. i enjoy it because I don't have to think about which muscles to work, I just have to decide which machine I'll start on first each day. Hope you'll be able to find a Curves soon.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome, Tanya!! Nottoo much I can add to that description of Curves Smart Key. I do hope that you can find one or work out a way to go to the one that is so far away. I really do LOVE the work out. It might be that you could get similar benefits from Circuit Training in a regular gym? I do not know.
    I know a lot of Curves have Zumba but mine doesn'tso I can't tell you much about it. You might try going to the Curves.com website and see if they have Videos posted of it.
  • Vanilladays
    Vanilladays Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I'm Jenni, I joined Curves in late November 2011. I am in the Shoalhaven region, South Coast NSW Australia. I have had two weigh ins since joining and I've lost 9 kg (that's a fraction under 20lbs) so far.
    I have lost around 60 kg (over 130 lbs) over the past 10 years, a very long journey and I now have a lot of excess skin. At 51, the elasticity is not so good so I am facing a battle to tighten up those unsightly wobbly spots.
    Imagine my amazement at the changes in my body since starting at Curves! I am building muscle, toning and strengthening. I can feel the difference, see the difference and believe I have a chance to see a flatter, tighter body.
    I feel great and just love the camaraderie of our local Curves. It has become a very important part of my day.
    I am enjoying connecting with new people through MFP as well. I have found this site very helpful to keep track of my progress and am always checking in.
    I walk, swim a bit, Zumba at home with the Wii (I did one Curves Zumba.......oh my goodness, one grows rather uncoordinated as one grows older. I vowed I would get better in private before I go back to Zumba at Curves) At least it gives me a laugh!!!!!!
    I try jogging a little now and then too. I am in general fairly active, never sit for too long unless it's at the computer.....he he he.....told you I was obsessive with MFP.
    Any way guess I'd better move now......looking forward to getting to know you all

Jen
  • gagesmom314
    gagesmom314 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hello! I joined Curves January 22, 2012. I love it. The fun we have while we work out is amazing! It doesn't make it feel like work. In the 11 days since I joined I am down 5 pounds and feel so much better already. I work full time and have a husband and two children at home so time is limited. Being able to run over there and be done in 30 minutes helps me out beyond belief. I missed the start of my Curves Biggest Loser contest but can't wait to get involved with the next one!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm in St. Louis and I just joined Curves in January 2012. I love it. I really enjoy the Curves Zumba also.
  • BadHeatherNo
    BadHeatherNo Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in Las Vegas, and I've been going to our curves for 4 months now. I've only lost about 5 pounds, but that's more because of my poor eating habits, than curves. I just started the Curves Smart program, and I really like it. It's helping me a lot. I also do the curves zumba. Starting this week, I'm going to try and do all the zumba classes, which are held twice a day 4 days a week. They have the classes back to back, so I can do it for a full hour. I LOVE the zumba. Burns major calories.
  • LJCannon
    Options
    :heart: Hello and Welcome to the Group!! I worked out at the Curves in Las Vegas 3 times the last time we were there on Vacation ~~ October 2010, I think.