How much does your weight fluctuate per week?

Options
Hi lovely, tall women of MFP! I have been MIA for a while, indulging in life (food and fun), but as I am close to goal I have been playing with maintenance trying to see how it all works and knowing that I hadn't planned to be "good" over the holidays. I am obsessed with the scale and in the past I have weighed myself daily but have only recorded it one day a week. When I eat within my calorie goal my weight fluctuates no more than 3 pounds per day, but when I was eating what I wanted and not concerning myself with calories or sodium, I found that my weight fluctuated by up to 7 pounds. I figure that it's because I am so tall, there are more variables, but I was wondering if this happens to others as well? Only tall people? Only me?

Replies

• bt_13_21
    bt_13_21 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am not on maintenance (yet), but when I have indulged, yes, I have had my weight go up as much as 5-7 lbs. If you go back to your calorie goals, I think you'll find the weight will slide back off in a couple days. I think a lot of it has to do with sodium/water retention.
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Yep, i found that over the holidays when i pretty much ate whatever for a week my weight fluctuated like crazy. From 5-7 pounds. But when i started my regular routine again it all came off and is pretty consistant from day to day.
    I'm like you and weigh every morning but take an average from the week to actually record.
  • aliann30
    aliann30 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Definitely - if I'm not drinking enough water, I will easily go up 5 lbs in a day or two just from water retention. So easily if I haven't been tracking sodium and everything, same thing happens.