Transition

Options
Anyone out there transitioning and looking to not just be fit and healthy but to help feminise or masculinise their bodies? Does anyone have any tips or tricks or is this something only hormone treatment will effect. I love my weight but wish I could just move it around a bit, scared of loosing the padding and looking even more masculine. Feel free to message me or add me I'm looking for new MFP friends

Replies

• maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i have known FTM who have done a lot of upper body to get "guy shoulders" and i have heard of, though i do not know personally, some MTF who have done a lot of buns workouts and i have heard that yoga can feminize the body as well - though the only person i know of who did that was already on hormone therapy.

good luck with your transition!!! we're rooting for you
  • mercurybebe
    Options
    I am a very male identified *kitten*. I had a breast reduction in 2003 that went terribly wrong and left me with breasts and a completely destroyed right pectoral muscle. I am curvy and hate it. However, I do not want to actually transition with hormones, but I love passing as a man and I want to get rid of my curves and the remainder of my breasts to help the cause.

It is such a hard thing to cope with...and its very isolating. Anyway...I just wanted to say HI and that you are not alone.
  • camjam89
    camjam89 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm early in my transition from FTM and hoping to both lose weight and start gaining muscle in preparation for getting on T in March.

Some of the MTFs I know do yoga and pilates as a way to slim their body and build lean muscle -which should help prevent any severe masculinization. That in mind, I've stayed away from both of those since I'm trying to lose feminine curves and build muscle.

Good luck with your transition. :)
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I don't know of any exercises that will help produce curves, but I avoid all upper body strengthening. Kind of stinks though because I'm sure the weight would be easier to keep off if I had more developed muscles. I do a lot of walking, stationary biking, and stretching to improve flexibility. I hope others post some good ideas. I've had this same question for years.
  • HealthyAlison
    HealthyAlison Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Although I avoid upper body workouts, I wonder if I will need to once I start hormones. Will the hormones keep me from bulking up on hte upper body? Anyone have thoughts?