Introductions

Options
TheYobana
TheYobana Posts: 8 Member
Hi guys!

I started this group because I didn't see one for Tucson and I think it would be really helpful to have locals sharing healthy places to eat, local recipes, good workout places, and more. Introduce yourself. I'll start!

My name is Yobana. I am 31 years old and a mom of a 9 year old. I work at a sit down job all day and on my time off, I am a photographer and do more sit down work. I joined MFP to help me with my accountability and help me get motivated. Hopefully I can accomplish my goals and keep them.

Replies

• Rokwell
    Rokwell Posts: 143
    Options
    Hello and nice to meet you. I'm just moved out here about a year ago and love the area. My job gives me to flexibility to be as active as I want. I joined to give support and to help all those that need it. During my spare time i like training MMA, watching/playing sports, reading, movies and eating. :))
  • missvenuz
    Options
    Hi there folks!

I joined MFP to help me count calories and drop some pounds, since I don't want to throw money at Weight Watchers or any other fake programs - I want to do this the right way. I go to the gym 4-7 days per week. I'm an avid cook with a wide repertoire of dishes, mostly focusing on Asian cuisines.

I run my own business, and unfortunately, that causes me to have to sit for long periods of time with clients, and the irregular hours makes it hard to keep a set meal schedule.
  • Eeyore255
    Eeyore255 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been on MFP since maybe mid-November. Finally realizing I need to log my food instead of trying to eyeball it or wing it. I go to the gym 3 times a week and use my exercise bike and Kinect for 2-3 more days. I have a desk job with hardly any moving, and I have been overweight all my life. I ONLY remember shopping in the plus section or 1 section higher than I should be.
  • badfattitude
    badfattitude Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi - I joined MFP to keep track of my food and meet people that share the same struggles. I'd like to lose 100lbs by 12/12/12. With the right motivation and the right kind of support - I know I'll meet my goal.

I joined the local "Y" this morning - a feat in itself. I start my new exercise regime tomorrow. I keep a daily diary/journal to track my progress and just say whatever is on my mind because I've come to the realization that my emotions are tied into my weight. Learning how to re-wire the brain and regain control of my life.

Add me as a friend and we'll do it together!
  • cadency
    Options
    hey all!

I'm new to the group and relatively new to MFP. I'm in the middle of week 2 right now. Where is everyone at in Tucson? I could use a workout buddy! :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is Cory and I've lived in southern Arizona my entire life and in Tucson since I was 14.

A lifelong bookworm, I am now almost active enough to be considered a "gym rat." I love to exercise and recently fell in love with strength training.

Since starting in September of 2010, I've shed over 130 pounds and reduced my body fat from 56% to 22%. I love sharing my love for good health with others.

I live on the east side, btw.
  • Rokwell
    Options
    Welcome to the group ;)
  • Eeyore255
    Eeyore255 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm on the east side also! :flowerforyou:
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Would anyone be interested in getting together for a hike or something before the weather gets too hot? A little MFP group of awesomeness? :)
  • Rokwell
    Options
    I never hiked before and with my schedule I would have to see
  • tiggerzshorty
    Options
    Hi, Im Amber. Im 27 and live on the east side of town. I am once again trying to lose weight. However this time and I actual plan to get active. I just ordered some skates so I can start skating again and I want to start hiking as well.
  • Rokwell
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck
  • tiggerzshorty
    Options
    Thank you!
  • teena82
    teena82 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi all...Im Teena and just joined the Tucson's Getting Fit Group. I am a SAHM, I have 2 boys and am married to my best friend. I am working on losing about 15lbs...feel free to add me as a pal!
  • Rokwell
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck
  • desertdutchman
    desertdutchman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm "Getting Older, But Not Fatter!" As I approached my 60th birthday I decided that I couldn't afford to keep adding 2-3 pounds a year.
    I have lost 20 pounds in the past year, and want to loose 20 more. I've cut out almost all carbs from my diet, certainly all grains and refined sugars -- and I've never felt better. I bought a Fitbit a week ago and am enjoying being challenged to hit my # of steps goal each day (only 8,000 at present).
    I love the desert, and hot weather, so Tucson is a great place for me to be. My wife and I love to hike once a week -- she gave me a new pair of Leki hiking poles for my birthday.
  • desertdutchman
    desertdutchman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Coryida
    You are right, it would be fun to hike with like-minded enthusiasts. I'm open to the idea.
  • sapphiretyger
    sapphiretyger Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Did I not post here yet? Wow. Okay so I was born and raised in Tucson, and always wanted to live in Cali by the beach. Moved there on two separate occasions and ended up back in Tucson. At this point I am happy here and have grown to love our multi-cultural historic burg with each passing year. I do still hit the beach every summer and that seems to satisfy the beach bug.
    I am hoping to move close to Lakeside park on the East side. Currently live in the Campbell/Glenn area and find it kind of dull as far as walking or jogging spots around my house. Plus I need to be closer to grandma and mom, who are needing more care.
    Anyway, woohoo for Tucson getting fit!
  • andie23
    andie23 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hello all!

I'm not exactly new to MFP, but I actually want to start using it and start on my way to losing some weight. I'd love some local friends and maybe even some people to meet up and exercise with at times!

I'm 20 years old and go to the U of A. I love to watch U of A sports, I played some sports in high school, but now I'm just a fan, I should probably change that though! My newest interest/passion is animal rescue. I have a dog, she's the greatest. We went on a nice little walk tonight and I'm planning to have many, many more to come. Feel free to add me!
  • Rokwell
    Options
    Oh my goodness someone in this group actually talks and posts...lol.
    Welcome Andie and best of luck on your journey