need your input

Options
mrmarch911
mrmarch911 Posts: 40 Member
2 months ago i worked out 4 days a week, my goal was to bulk up . i seen a huge difference i had a job change and was not used to the work there for i was too tierd to do anything after. i am ready to reach my goal again. i know there is muscle memory in a persons body, and just wondering how fast after i start working out will i start to notice again. also should i start out where i left off with my work outs or should i do less? my job is very physical there is not alot of heavy lifting but more cardio ect i guess you could say!!!! thanks in advance

Replies

• Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I don't know the answer to the muscle memory questions but I do think you should start slow and build back up to where you were when you stopped. You will probably advance quickly through the beginning stages and if you find they are too easy than move up but to be on the safe side starting lighter than normal would be your best bet, you do not want to injure yourself.
  • tashaperk
    tashaperk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's always a good rule of thumnb to take it slow your first week back. Injury prevention should be number one. You'll get a good sense where you're at on your first day back. Muscle memor is an interesting thing- mine haven't forgotten anything from my time as an elite athlete. I'd say so long as your form and heart rate are where they need to be don't be afraid to push yourself again. Best of luck!