Let's do this! My introduction.

Options
I posted this in the welcome, but figured I'll make a new topic. :)

This group is kind of like an answer to prayer. I'm not a super religious or spiritual person, but this is just what I need, and I think the big man upstairs knew that!

Height: 6'0" (no lie!)

Highest weight, at one point last month I think, was 364.
But my offical SW, sometime last week: 361.2.
CW: 352.2 (I don't believe my scale, but I'll go with it!)
GW: 160

Total lost so far: 9 lbs.

I started out last week after watching Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead with a three day juice fast. Now I'm basically cutting all my portions in half. I also bought a new bicycle (that I'm SUPER excited to use for the first time tomorrow! it's been rainy...), and downloaded some Zumba vids!

I'm 22 and a recent college grad, as of December, and I'm about 200 lbs OVERWEIGHT. It's shocking, I know. I have PCOS, but I hate blaming it on that, even though I know it's definitely a part of it. I'm also 6'0 tall, which is not so fun when I'm this size around. I like being tall, but I don't want to be tall AND fat. Haha. But mostly, I want to lose weight because I don't want to end up with an insane amount of health problems when I'm older. I'm generally healthy right now, blood pressure is fine, not pre-diabetic or anything (but my mom is diabetic so that's a future I'm looking into if I don't take care of this now).

My family is all clinically obese. My dad just found out his heart is only pumping at 35%, which is not good. My mom is diabetic, as I mentioned earlier. This year, we're going to do this as a family. We've never really attempted losing weight, especially together.

We're hoping to lose what we need to get healthy by the summer of 2013 and are planning on rewarding ourselves with a family vacation to Australia (hence my icon and my ticker).

Looking forward to getting to know everybody! LET'S DO THIS!

Replies

• lovetheweighitfeels
    Options
    Welcome! Another 6 footer! Welcome to the group! I have a LOT to lose and I am losing it SO slowly, but I am getting it off which I am SO proud of! Let's do this together girl!