Options

Replies

• thecarbmonster
    thecarbmonster Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    SW: 287.6
    CW: 284

-3.6 Difference

Honestly, I was 282.4 on Friday morning. I've been eating low carb, but this weekend I allowed myself to eat more carbs as long as they were in my calorie range so I gained back this much even though I have been low carb again since Sunday. And I exercised like a mad woman this week too. I'm feeling kind of down today and unsure of what to do.

I still had a great 3 pound loss though and I am happy with the number!
  • Sarahrachael82
    Sarahrachael82 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    SW:275
    CW: 272.3

2.7 down.... I just need to work a bit harder, but I'll definitely take a loss!!
  • LeighAnnaMS
    Options
    SW: 287.6
    CW: 284

-3.6 Difference

Honestly, I was 282.4 on Friday morning. I've been eating low carb, but this weekend I allowed myself to eat more carbs as long as they were in my calorie range so I gained back this much even though I have been low carb again since Sunday. And I exercised like a mad woman this week too. I'm feeling kind of down today and unsure of what to do.

I still had a great 3 pound loss though and I am happy with the number!

Take that 3 lb weight loss and CELEBRATE girlfriend! :) You are doing fab - and like your name - you are a carb monster - it will take some time to adjust your eating habits to minimize the amount of carbs your having :) one day, you will find YOUR happy balance!!! :D Great work this week - keep on trekin'
  • just2liveagain
    Options
    SW 337.2

CW 334.4
    -2.8 pounds

First let me start off saying from the posts so far everyone is doing AMAZING!! A lot of high numbers in there! I didn't lose as much but it's my TOM so I didn't even expect to lose this much! So I am only .6 of a pound away from being at where I was before Christmas, so I'm happy about that!

In all honesty I didn't do everything I could to lose weight this week. I told you all last week about my issue with not having enough bottled water to last the week if I drink what I should, I normally drink 2-3 20 oz bottles of water a day, so I'm short on the 64 oz, and way short on half my weight in oz! But I need to figure something out with water, cuz it seems that has helped a lot of people this last week! Great job everyone! And also because of my monthly, I was a bit lazy in my workouts, and have been craving chocolate everyday :/ But with that time of month passing in a couple days, I am optimistic that this week will be much better in terms of exercise and not craving sweets.

So this week, I WILL log ALL my food AND exercise, and get as much as water as I can in!
  • Hwardle
    Hwardle Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    SW: 277
    CW 276
    1 pound loss

I didn't lose this much that week and honestly i don't feel like I lost a thing I think that my scale is just trying to be nice to me haha I don't know what I did wrong this week I drank my 8 cups of water a day faithfully, I didn't eat back my exercise calories either well maybe once, but that shouldn't have messed me up. I did mess up horribly on the weekend- i mean I didn't hold back because my sister came to visit and we love to cook and eat, but some of it was healthy. I also worked out 5 days of the week and most of the time it was for an hour at a time plus I didn't some strength training. So I don't know what I am doing wrong. I guess that it would have to be the weekend...
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    SW: 360
    CW: 354

This week I ate just about anything I wanted, but in moderation. I definitely, limit my carbs but if I want bread I will have a piece. (instead of 2 or 3 servings) I drink at least 8 glasses of water daily. My problem area is my physical activity... or lack thereof....I have bad knees and even though the discomfort is so much better now that I've lost 100lbs, I still am hesitant about exercise because of my former knee problems.
  • Naiman2011
    Naiman2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    SW 326
    CW 324 (down 2lbs)

I did not exercise this week, I did keep track of the food. I need to up my water intake also.

The week I prior I was on vacation and did really well at home, back at work with all the lovely stressors has thrown me for a funk. Got to get myself a routine down to get my exercise in.

I lost 2 lbs and that is on track with my weight loss plan, I consider last week a success !
  • clareholbrook
    Options
    SW: 266
    CW: 266

This week started out badly as the first week back to work after our christmas break but we still had bad things (chocolate etc) around the house and office. I got back on track but to late to make a difference on the scales. I am determined to make difference next week and motivated by this challenge - I am going to put myself first from now on!

a pound is better than nothing, staying the same is better than a gain, a gain is not the end of the world:happy:
  • jomom2
    jomom2 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    SW: 258
    Today: 252.4
    Lost: 5.6

I have been with MFP for two weeks. The fist week it was really hard passing from maybe 3,000 cal per day to 1,430 so I exceeded my cals every day. This week I have been eating less to not go over my cal limit. I ate some bad foods every now and then but still recorded everything and got 40 min in of excercise. I have been drinking 10 glasses of water daily. I am super sore from my muscles... Specially my legs!!! I have been trying really hard but sometimes I don't want to overdo myself not eating some things because I'm planning to do this for the long run.... If I restrict myself too much I feel like I can probably give up.... I want my body to get used to the healthy eating habits, the excercise and the low calories..... I know I haven't lost as much as my other teammates but I think it was pretty good because I feel happy knowing that I'm not depriving myself. 5.6lbs is way more than I expected to lose. What other teammates should realize is that not everyone is the same and not everyone will lose the same as others. Some may lose more because they weight more and some less..... I also think that i have gained muscle weight because ihave been sore the whole week... 2 days abs, 2 days butt, and past 3 days LEGS,..... Couldnt really sleep at night from the leg pain.... Lol.... Good luck everyone!!! I'm excited and can't wait to make new changes for this new week....
    Congrats on your weight loss! It is great to hear all your positive changes. About the soar muscles, I feel your pain, literally! My legs are killing me and especially at night. Mentally it feels awesome, but lots of aches. LOL Keep it up! Black Team all the way!!!
  • marulop14
    marulop14 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    SW: 258
    Today: 252.4
    Lost: 5.6

I have been with MFP for two weeks. The fist week it was really hard passing from maybe 3,000 cal per day to 1,430 so I exceeded my cals every day. This week I have been eating less to not go over my cal limit. I ate some bad foods every now and then but still recorded everything and got 40 min in of excercise. I have been drinking 10 glasses of water daily. I am super sore from my muscles... Specially my legs!!! I have been trying really hard but sometimes I don't want to overdo myself not eating some things because I'm planning to do this for the long run.... If I restrict myself too much I feel like I can probably give up.... I want my body to get used to the healthy eating habits, the excercise and the low calories..... I know I haven't lost as much as my other teammates but I think it was pretty good because I feel happy knowing that I'm not depriving myself. 5.6lbs is way more than I expected to lose. What other teammates should realize is that not everyone is the same and not everyone will lose the same as others. Some may lose more because they weight more and some less..... I also think that i have gained muscle weight because ihave been sore the whole week... 2 days abs, 2 days butt, and past 3 days LEGS,..... Couldnt really sleep at night from the leg pain.... Lol.... Good luck everyone!!! I'm excited and can't wait to make new changes for this new week....
    Congrats on your weight loss! It is great to hear all your positive changes. About the soar muscles, I feel your pain, literally! My legs are killing me and especially at night. Mentally it feels awesome, but lots of aches. LOL Keep it up! Black Team all the way!!!

Thanks and yes it hurts bad but it will be better tomorrow!
  • boxnchic
    boxnchic Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    SW: 274
    CW: 273 (-1lb)

This week started out with a bang and I was in the gym every morning before work and eating under my calories each day. Then I got hit with some bad news and responded with some emotional eating; however recognized it early on and changed by behavior.

This week's plan is to:

1. Drink all my water
    2. Pack lunch everyday (i'm not at a place where I can "wing it")
    3. Gym everymorning (Tues - Fri) and possibly a dance class on Saturday
    4. Check out the black team challenge and incorporate it into my day.
    First of all, sorry you had bad news. I for one, know about emotional eating. It is sooo hard, because food is the first thing we turn to. I am happy you have your plan all set out for the week! You lost a pound, and you must give yourself a pat in the back for that!!! EVERY POUND COUNTS!! CONGRATS!

Thanks for the support! It's greatly appreciated. I'm glad I joined this group - it is supportive and keeps me on track and accountable. Go Black Team!!!
  • jomom2
    Options
    SW: 277
    CW 276
    1 pound loss

I didn't lose this much that week and honestly i don't feel like I lost a thing I think that my scale is just trying to be nice to me haha I don't know what I did wrong this week I drank my 8 cups of water a day faithfully, I didn't eat back my exercise calories either well maybe once, but that shouldn't have messed me up. I did mess up horribly on the weekend- i mean I didn't hold back because my sister came to visit and we love to cook and eat, but some of it was healthy. I also worked out 5 days of the week and most of the time it was for an hour at a time plus I didn't some strength training. So I don't know what I am doing wrong. I guess that it would have to be the weekend...
    1lb is great! You are in the right path! Do not get discouraged, just keep up the great work. I see how motivated you are, lets focus on next week! BTW I am loving that everone is drinking their water
  • jomom2
    Options

This week I ate just about anything I wanted, but in moderation. I definitely, limit my carbs but if I want bread I will have a piece. (instead of 2 or 3 servings) I drink at least 8 glasses of water daily. My problem area is my physical activity... or lack thereof....I have bad knees and even though the discomfort is so much better now that I've lost 100lbs, I still am hesitant about exercise because of my former knee problems.
    WTG!!! You are absolutely right, everything in moderation! Regarding your physical activity, how about slow walks? Keep up the great work and congrats again on losing over 100lbs!!!
  • boxnchic
    boxnchic Posts: 44 Member
    Options

I'm not sure if this is an option for you, but I know when my knees get sore I move my workout to the pool. It takes the pressure off the joints. Even if you just walk laps it helps. Also if you feel like your knees are truly the barrier to increasing physical activity you might want to talk it over with your doctor - they may be able to help you get physical therapy - or get a couple sessions with a personal trainer to help you develop a work out routine that is sensitive to your knees.

Good Luck and congrats on your continues weight loss :)
  • jomom2
    Options
    SW 326
    CW 324 (down 2lbs)

I did not exercise this week, I did keep track of the food. I need to up my water intake also.

The week I prior I was on vacation and did really well at home, back at work with all the lovely stressors has thrown me for a funk. Got to get myself a routine down to get my exercise in.

I lost 2 lbs and that is on track with my weight loss plan, I consider last week a success !
    YES! Exactly, this week was a success for you! You are following your food plan and tracking it, that is great. I am sure you will get an exercise routine this week and keep up the great work!
  • jomom2
    Options
    SW: 266
    CW: 266

This week started out badly as the first week back to work after our christmas break but we still had bad things (chocolate etc) around the house and office. I got back on track but to late to make a difference on the scales. I am determined to make difference next week and motivated by this challenge - I am going to put myself first from now on!

a pound is better than nothing, staying the same is better than a gain, a gain is not the end of the world:happy:
    Very true "a gain is not the end of the world". You are right, it is very hard to eat healthy when you have goodies around. Sounds like you are in the right path, to putting yourself first! Have an amazing week!!!
  • Raspberrydelight
    Raspberrydelight Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    SW: 256.8
    CW: 256.6 (-0.2)

Hi Team,
    I did not have a good week at all.....between my birthday and girls weekend it was not good to me.....I did get in all my workouts...although only a couple runs.....and I am not good at food journaling....I start our really good in the am and then by the evening I just don't get to the computer....my plan for this week:

1) Food Journal EVERYDAY
    2) Continue drinking all my water
    3) Re-start my run program 3 runs/week
  • chicagoposh
    Options
    SW: 259
    CW: 255.4 (-3.6)

I'm fortunate enough to have my personal trainer right next door and put in 3-4 intense workouts a week. Unfortunately my meal choices hinder my progress. I enjoy food way too much, especially my MIL mexican cooking. Making healthy choices and meal planning are two goals I want to work for. I'm going to try harder this following week.

Good luck to all on WEEK 2!
  • jomom2
    Options
    SW:275
    CW: 272.3

2.7 down.... I just need to work a bit harder, but I'll definitely take a loss!!
    Congrats! You are in the right direction! Keep up the good work! Good luck with week 2!!
  • jomom2
    Options
    SW 337.2

CW 334.4
    -2.8 pounds

First let me start off saying from the posts so far everyone is doing AMAZING!! A lot of high numbers in there! I didn't lose as much but it's my TOM so I didn't even expect to lose this much! So I am only .6 of a pound away from being at where I was before Christmas, so I'm happy about that!

In all honesty I didn't do everything I could to lose weight this week. I told you all last week about my issue with not having enough bottled water to last the week if I drink what I should, I normally drink 2-3 20 oz bottles of water a day, so I'm short on the 64 oz, and way short on half my weight in oz! But I need to figure something out with water, cuz it seems that has helped a lot of people this last week! Great job everyone! And also because of my monthly, I was a bit lazy in my workouts, and have been craving chocolate everyday :/ But with that time of month passing in a couple days, I am optimistic that this week will be much better in terms of exercise and not craving sweets.

So this week, I WILL log ALL my food AND exercise, and get as much as water as I can in!
    Congrats on your loss! I love that everyone already has a plan for Week 2! That shows how much optimism there is in our team! About craving sweets and chocolates, I totally understand that one! LOL One of our teammates gave us a great idea that she does. She has Hershey Kisses in the fridge and she grabs I think 1 or 2 a night. Honestly that is not bad, I have to check out the sugar and calories in that. But they are so small, I can't see it being an issue. About the water, yes try to have your 64 oz. a day it does help. Well good luck with Week 2!