Why do you want to lose 50+ this year?

Options
This question is easy for me - 4 simple reasons:
1) health - though I have not been told this, I am sure I am not very healthy right now
2) pictures - I really don't like the way I look in pictures, but I want to be in pictures with my kids so they have something to look back on
3) 20 yr HS reunion. Still not sure I am going, but just in case :)
4) 10 yr wedding anniversary. We are going on a great trip and I want to be in the pictures (maybe I should combine with #2???)

So why do you want to lose 50+ this year?

Replies

• annasgyal
    annasgyal Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    Definately the main reason is my health.
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Because it's time :) nothing special
  • zanmarie
    zanmarie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Your #1 and 2 are biggies for me. I also just want to feel more comfortable rather than stressed about how I look all the time.

My 20th reunion was last year. I lost 10 pounds, found a nice outfit and went even though I hadn't turned into what I'd hoped. It went fine. ;)
  • Spclayton
    Options
    The main reason is health. I have always been in pretty good health until 2003 when stress and family issues started to weight down on me. I started to eat more and stopped exercising. Well the weight started to add up. Now I am at my biggest of 252 lbs and need to start to think of myself.
  • kwehkweh
    kwehkweh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I turn 29 in June this year. This may sound dumb but I want at least one year of my 20s where I feel like I'm 20. I was a young mom and never really did the club thing and the over shopping and all the things I saw my college friends do. Now my kids are 8 and my husband doesn't mind watching the boys every now and then for me to do those things. And I want to look good doing it. I really want to enjoy myself and not be self conscious the whole time. Would this be considered a mid life crisis?
  • bugmobile
    Options
    Not a midlife crisis - what I like to call "finally putting yourself first"!! All moms (and I am sure many dads) I know struggle with this and sadly weight and health seems to be the first thing gone. Even now, if I want to work out, it is at 4:30 am or after 9:00 pm because that is when I am not at work or have children awake.

I think it is good to start finding yourself now!! Enjoy!!
  • kwehkweh
    kwehkweh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Not a midlife crisis - what I like to call "finally putting yourself first"!! All moms (and I am sure many dads) I know struggle with this and sadly weight and health seems to be the first thing gone. Even now, if I want to work out, it is at 4:30 am or after 9:00 pm because that is when I am not at work or have children awake.

I think it is good to start finding yourself now!! Enjoy!!
    I get the time thing. Because I work nights, I sleep while the kids are in school and wake up just in time to pick them up. So it's either I'm at work or I have the kids. We chose to join a gym so I could have that 1-2 hours of me time at the gym while the kids played.