motivation please

Options
Ok I have figured out my anti-weight loss "cycle" . I push myself really hard for the first couple weeks .. then I get sick (always) then I get sick of logging, cause I figure I have it all under control (i don't) . i'm finding I'm all or nothing girl ! I am currently in the i can't breathe thru my schnoz faze. I logged today and am going to get in a good workout this afternoon ... hoping to get over the hump! Thanks for listening :tongue:

Replies

• jennilovesryan
    Options
    i get totally into something and then get bored of it and stop altogether. i feel this! maybe it just takes doing new stuff all the time?
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I too am an all-or-nothing type of person. I'm just making sure to keep this in the "all" phase!
  • Change_Agent
    Change_Agent Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    dunkrob - I am SO similar! I am hoping to break this pattern by being more active in the Community here on mfp. Also, I am trying really hard to wash my hands a lot at the gym so I don't get sick and hit the inevitable skid too soon. (I am convinced this is where I pick up the most viruses.) I have always been someone who loves the new/the change/the shake-up (even if it's regarding the same old dreary topic of weight loss) but I hate too much routine. My latest thing is to simply go to classes at the gym for all but one of my workouts each week (5 out of 6). It cuts the Possibilities!! chatter in my head way down. So far, so good, but I'm still in the romance phase. Let's link arms and try to pull each other thru the duller parts.
  • dunkrobertson
    dunkrobertson Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm in! This MFP is awesome... thanks guys1
  • KBrushing
    KBrushing Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Been sick for two days now...so I'm on the skids too. I figure I gave up all the good stuff like my nightly wine and my body is rebelling on me!