Welcome

Welcome to myfitnesspal & thank you for joining our group.

We will keep each other motivated if we work together to get fit & eat right!

Replies

• lbd708
    lbd708 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you for the invite, To introduce myself, my name is Laura Dominici, I am a 34 year old stay at home mom of 5, well 6 if you include my husband, Just Kidding. How many have said that joke before..lol. I was introduced to Patti by my sister in Law Dena, Patti is my sister in law's first cousin, so she's Familia! Hey Patti! :wink:

I'm very excited to start changing my attitude towards exercise and food.

About four months ago, I gave birth to my fifth Child, Joseph, a.k.a. Joey to mom and dad, and a.k.a. baby JoJo to the kids. I gained 41 pounds this pregnancy, I was I 130, and weighed in at 171 a couple days before my delivery. After I had the baby, I weighed 155, and now after the holidays, I weighed in at 157, The highest I've ever been my entire life. I am 5'3" so my weight should range around 115. I got about 42 pounds to loose.

I decided to do a couple of things to accomplish this, I picked up a trainer/nutritionist. I joined CARA to help me train for the 8k, and I am taking MUSCLE MOM FITNESS BOOTY CAMP to help me on my off days of running for cross training/strength training. So far, Patti is covering everything I need, from the stretching to the different core, upper and lower body workouts. I love, love, love her class! :heart:

The trainer I have told me to journal what I eat, so she can see what changes should be met. I only have one entry so far on this website because I just joined, but I've been journaling for about a week now, and let me just say...Oh Em Gee, I know that I've consumed crappy food choices, but to actually visualise them on paper is a bit embarassing, :embarassed: , and this website is great, to actually see the calorie count, wow, even MORE embarrassing, :frown: Hello! This kind of made me depressed at first, but, I like the fact that it's making me think twice now. I can't wait to see what different food choices I will be making after I implement the healthier choices next week. :wink: I'm also hoping to get some ideas from the rest of you on what you post as well.

I decided to run the shamrock shuffle with a charity. One reason for this is to keep me motivated in staying on track, as well as getting my butt in the routine of a training schedule. A second Reason, it's only 5 miles, a doable amount for a novice like me, and they don't care about how fast you finish the race, the emphasis of the Shuffle is more that you cross the finishline, period, and I like that. No pressure! This has worked for me in the past. I lost 10 pounds training on my own, but without training with CARA, I still ate crappy, and didn't take Musclemom fitness camp. I can only imagine how much I can loose with doing it the right way.:bigsmile:

One thing I have to say about joining a charity for the race, is the extra motivation that comes with not wanting to let my charity of choice down. In 2010, I ran for the cancer society. This year I decided to run for the Chicago Police Memorial Foundation because I have 5 handsome cousins who are Chicago Police Officers, kidding!! No I chose this because of the fact that this foundation will provide support and assistance to the families of Chicago Police Officers who were killed or catastrophically injured in the line of duty. I can't think of a better way to say thank you to those families for the sacrifice their departed has made.

I really do need to change the way I see food, I sometimes go to food for comfort, I really should just think of food as fuel for the body, but sometimes I just can't resist the temptation of sweets, as well as hearty pastas, or just good food in General, Yumm, Yumm, Yumm, lol. You see, I need to change that mentality, Fast! I can't wait to keep everyone posted with my progress, as well as read everyone else's posts. Good Luck to everyone, and hope we all have a happy and healthy 2012!

Sorry for the SUPER LONG 10 PAGE reply, Happy Reading, :bigsmile: !
  • Laura, you are doing an amazing job! Keep up that enthusiasm and you will not only meet your goals but exceed them as well! Kudos for taking the time to care for yourself. This is the BEST thing we could do for our children. You are setting an example for them by setting goals and following through.....no excuses!

I agree that journaling what we eat and how much we exercise is one of the best tools you can use to acheive your goals. Most ppl overestimate their calorie expenditure and underestimate caloric intake and then wonder why they're not seeing any results!

Logging all this info using this site is priceless! It takes the guesswork out and really sheds some light on the exercise ans food choices we make...........the good, the bad, and the ugly! :bigsmile:
    I'm so excited to be part of your journey. You are not alone in your quest to be a healthy mom and you DESERVE to look and feel your best!:flowerforyou:
  • seaKind
    seaKind Posts: 136
    so i just jumped in, and I'm kinda late, but where do i find the schedule?
    glad to bere here...