Post your good calorie bargains!

Options
Kooopons
Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
I'm not talking $$$ but calories! What have you found that gives you the biggest fill for your belly but won't rack up the calories!

I posted the flatout breads on the board today- 90 calories for a HUGE flatbread that is pretty versatile- wraps, pizzas and even desserts!

Subway- this is my other biggie- it seems like such a calorie bargain for such a yummy treat. I mean a whole sandwich on yummy bread for as low as a few hundred calories!

Share yours!

Replies

• luvsdeals
    luvsdeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Every morning I've been having a fried egg (with Pam) and a piece of Nature's Own 100 Whole Wheat bread. It's 120 calories and fills you up. Add a clementine for 35 calories and and it's even better!
  • myspiral
    myspiral Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a cup of Miso soup at around 4pm when I become RAVENOUS. It is about $1.99 for 3 packs at WalMart. 35 calories, 1 g fat per packet.

Also, Archer farms sells freeze dried bananas and strawberries (and maybe peaches?) in the trail mix section. A whole bag of banana chips is about 230 calories. Maybe about $3 a bag, but good for keeping in the car when you are hungry and would rather pull into the gas station and get a bag of chips.

Wasabi Peas (Feng Shui brand)- 1/3c has 120 calories , 1g fat, 6g protein. Really crunchy !
  • Kooopons
    Options
    I'll add Skinny cow for sweets- their fudge bars are huge and very good and only 100 calories!!! YUM!

I bought these breyers choc chip cookie dough sandwiches today......I was craving - and they are only 160- and oh my- it was worth it!
  • Kooopons
    Options
    Every morning I've been having a fried egg (with Pam) and a piece of Nature's Own 100 Whole Wheat bread. It's 120 calories and fills you up. Add a clementine for 35 calories and and it's even better!

this is pretty much what I do every day- I LOVE my egg in the morning! I use Sara Lee soft family honey wheat- it's only 65 calories a slice- it's our favorite bread! I also have done grapefruit- a half is only 50 calories.
  • luvsdeals
    luvsdeals Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    yum--grapefruit!

I meant to write it's 120 for the egg and the toast. (Just 50 calories for the toast.) I cook the egg slightly soft and then just put it on top of the dry toast and you don't need any butter.
  • Kooopons
    Options
    yum--grapefruit!

I meant to write it's 120 for the egg and the toast. (Just 50 calories for the toast.) I cook the egg slightly soft and then just put it on top of the dry toast and you don't need any butter.

Ahhh, gotcha, good deal! I like to dip in the yolk too- I've been using smart balance and just a tiny bit- I probably don't even need it!
  • McCoolMama
    McCoolMama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
  • McCoolMama
    McCoolMama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    For dessert most nights I have a 90 cal FIber One brownie. They're yummy!!!
  • Rachsandiego
    Options
    Those fudge bars sound good. My problem is sweets! So I found these 100 cal little ice cream cones at Target, market pantry.
  • Kelgirl36
    Options
    I've been getting the Weight Watchers desserts. There are strawberry smoothie frozen yogurt bars that are only 60 calories each and there are strawberry dipped in chocolate that are 100 calories. They are very yummy and I can't make it through the day without some kind of treat. The problem is even on sale they're $4 for a box, so not cheap. But at this point I'm willing to invest a little extra money in getting myself eating healthier.
  • BklynMamacita
    BklynMamacita Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Fruit and veggies of course. But oatmeal is a mainstay for me. I can have a serving for 150 calories in the morning and add some fruit and couple of boiled egg whites and I feel full for a while. Flat outs is another good one. Also low cal bread helps me too. Lots of salad greens keep me full for a while and those are super low in calories. For desserts, a Vitatop satisfies me because of the fiber and chocolate for only 100 calories. Also an apple and a tablespoon of organic peanut or almond butter.
  • lynzinnc
    Options
    Apples and veggies! (I love dipping my baby carrots in a light raspberry vinaigrette for a crunchy treat at work = 45 cals!)

My sweet treat- chocolate rice cakes for 60 calories!

I'm actually loving cereal again. For 100-120 cals, I get my carb fix and it is a handy snack or breakfast.
  • donniesgirrl
    Options
    Ok this isn't a sweet treat or anything, but my protein for breakfast is one egg plus a half cup of egg whites plus3 tablespoons of salsa, scrambled. The salsa leaves a little liquid, but for less than 140 calories, it is pretty good! It's a decent sized portion of scrambled egg & putting a real egg in there makes such a difference over just eating cardboard-y whites.
  • myspiral
    myspiral Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    1/2 pack of ranch dressing mix
    1 PLAIN Greek yogurt
    Makes an easy dip, no fat, low calories. Could also use what ever dry dip mix you usually would mix with sour cream.