Losing Strength??

Options
Meggles63
Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
I'm currently beginning the 3rd and final month of P90x. On alternate days, I'm doing 20-25 mins. of HIIT, rather than the P90x cardio. I've been trying to really focus on the weight work and increase the weights I've been using, but I seem to be hitting a point where not only can I not increase, but I'm having to decrease for some of the exercises. I feel like I'm losing strength - on the "few" exercises where I've worked up to 20 lbs., I've had to decrease to 15 and decrease on the ones where I've been using 15 to 10s. My aim is 8-10 with good form. As far as my info, I'm 5'5", weigh 132 lbs. and have set my calories to 2000 daily (usually net in the 1900's). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    when i did p90x (which is awesome. :happy: ) i found that in the last month i had to eat a fair bit more than the first 2, so i went from following the p90x diet, to using mfp. I suppose as a result i didnt look as cut as i could have, but i lost so much weight doing the programme i didnt feel like i wanted to get any smaller
  • Meggles63
    Options
    I haven't been following the P90x diet plan either...just kept on increasing my calories. My current problem is that I really don't want to lose anymore weight - want to get bf down and build some muscle. I'm considering foregoing the cardio for a while to see if that helps.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are training too much to me. You're body needs the rest to recover & grow. HIIT eats into your recovery just like doing weights.

Also, getting enough sleep?

I would have said undereating also (as most around here are on 1200!) but it sounds like you're doing well with that.

So I'd probably drop the HIIT & just do the yoga or stretch on the off resistance training days for a week or so & see how that goes.
  • Cathleenr
    Cathleenr Posts: 332
    Options
    Sounds like you are training too much to me. You're body needs the rest to recover & grow. HIIT eats into your recovery just like doing weights.

Also, getting enough sleep?

I would have said undereating also (as most around here are on 1200!) but it sounds like you're doing well with that.

So I'd probably drop the HIIT & just do the yoga or stretch on the off resistance training days for a week or so & see how that goes.

^^^^^^^ yep.
    take a break...couple days. NO strength and NO cardio. eat normally or about 10% more carbs to replenish.
  • Meggles63
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice. I do get 7-8 hrs. sleep, so I think it's just too much cardio...will give your suggestions a try!:smile: