Mitt Romney

Options
MassiveDelta
MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
I'm really tired of hearing that he has won 2 in a row. I wouldn't be calling a Iowa a win in fact he technically didn't win there is some information out there that suggests that there was a precinct that had there votes entered incorrectly at the State level and Santorum actually won by 17 votes.

Either way and 8 vote split is not a win. Mitt Romney is not the choice that America needs. He is essentially Barack Obama in sheeps clothing.

What are your thoughts on Mitt Obamney?

Replies

• IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Agreed...I don't dislike him, but I'm dissapointed that the party can't get someone out there that we can all get excited about. Says something.

And one other thing....*POKE*
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Well, I have every intention of voting for Obama again. As well as for a Congress that'll back him up.

That said, I did vote for Romeny for governor, and was deeply disappointed. He campaigned as a totally different person than he governed as. He was so much more liberal while campaigning. He says whatever he thinks folks want to hear at the time.

However, of the choices, I dislike him the least. I waffle between hoping someone as outrageous as Santorum gets the nod, because I think he has no chance at all of winning the general election, and hoping that Romeny gets the nod, because while he could win the general election, he'll be much more moderate than Santorum (or any of the others, but Santorum is particularly scary, IMO).
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    Agreed...I don't dislike him, but I'm dissapointed that the party can't get someone out there that we can all get excited about. Says something.

And one other thing....*POKE*

I think we are being hand fed a candidate again via the GOP So irritated with the "Its his turn" crap.

Edited to ...*Poke*
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    Well, I have every intention of voting for Obama again. As well as for a Congress that'll back him up.

That said, I did vote for Romeny for governor, and was deeply disappointed. He campaigned as a totally different person than he governed as. He was so much more liberal while campaigning. He says whatever he thinks folks want to hear at the time.

However, of the choices, I dislike him the least. I waffle between hoping someone as outrageous as Santorum gets the nod, because I think he has no chance at all of winning the general election, and hoping that Romeny gets the nod, because while he could win the general election, he'll be much more moderate than Santorum (or any of the others, but Santorum is particularly scary, IMO).

While we obviously run on different sides of the aisle, you an I. I dont disagree with your assessment of Mitt Romney. He will say whatever is necessary to make a political gain. Washington insiders not a good thing. I will vote for Rick Santorum in an instant Not my first choice but still much better than voting in another 4 years of Obama or 4 years of someone just like him.

See Im not a republican I'm a conservative. The republican party has lost its way. I also believe the Democratic party is blinded by a false reality. Barack Obama can not win a second term against anyone. So it doesn't really matter who gets the nomination They will beat Obama with only one exception. If a a very popular candidate decides to run 3rd party and they split the Independent/conservative vote then Obama will win.
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    We shall see. I was absolutely certain that the American population would never, ever vote for a second term of GWB. At this point, I feel extremely confident about an Obama win, with Santorum as his opponent. He's simply much too far to the right to have success in a general election. Huntsman as well. I feel less confident in an Obama win with Romney as an opponent, in part because he is more centrist, but also because he panders to anyone.

I think both parties have lost their way. I'm not thrilled with either at this point. And a third party has never seemed viable. But my roots are firmly planted in liberalism, with solid progressive beliefs. To that end, I must support the Democrats, because the alternative will never be acceptable to me. So even if they've lost their way, I figure it's my job as part of the voting public to steer them back on track.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    To that end, I must support the Democrats, because the alternative will never be acceptable to me. So even if they've lost their way, I figure it's my job as part of the voting public to steer them back on track.

I feel the same way except not on the Democrat or Republican side. We need to steer back to a strict constitutional standard because without that standard there is no law.

The only candidate that Truly is doing that is Ron Paul but I have a hard time supporting him because his foreign policy is a little crazy
  • summertime_girl
    Options
    His policy period, is a little crazy. Ron Paul sounds somewhat reasonable on the surface, but scratch that surface just a bit, and you'll find racism, anti-gay, state rights for secession, zero regulation over education, commerce, housing, energy, taxes, and others. I hope people educate themselves far more on Paul's rather radical beliefs before considering giving him their vote. Unless you're very wealthy, can provide your own protection, education, energy, health, etc., you will suffer under his policies.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    His policy period, is a little crazy. Ron Paul sounds somewhat reasonable on the surface, but scratch that surface just a bit, and you'll find racism, anti-gay, state rights for secession, zero regulation over education, commerce, housing, energy, taxes, and others. I hope people educate themselves far more on Paul's rather radical beliefs before considering giving him their vote. Unless you're very wealthy, can provide your own protection, education, energy, health, etc., you will suffer under his policies.

the racism thing has been disproven over and over again its a liberal talking point. I haven't heard anything anti-gay but that's not a deal breaker. I mean just be cause he isn't pro-gay doesn't make him a bad president or even a bad person. He doesn't have to condone that lifestyle.

Whats your issue with States rights>? We are all Separate sovereign entities governed together under a "UNITED" states constitution. IF a State feels that aren't being represented or treated fairly by the whole then by all means they have that right to leave the union. It would seem the federal government thinks they own the states. The physical land does not belong to the federal government they have over stepped their bounds so deeply that the citizenry actually believe the these states belong to the Whole. The state belong to the state citizenry and are in no way bound to the federal government in any legal sense. It is merely a mutual agreement that they come together under one flag and one constitution.

As for deregulation I'm all for it.
  • Regmama
    Regmama Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm really tired of hearing that he has won 2 in a row. I wouldn't be calling a Iowa a win in fact he technically didn't win there is some information out there that suggests that there was a precinct that had there votes entered incorrectly at the State level and Santorum actually won by 17 votes.

Either way and 8 vote split is not a win. Mitt Romney is not the choice that America needs. He is essentially Barack Obama in sheeps clothing.

What are your thoughts on Mitt Obamney?
    As a fellow conservative I agree. I committed to not voting for Romney and I stand by it. I will vote third party if I must. I did the same with the IL GOP when Mark Kirk was up for the Senate. He's a total social RINO and so I voted Constitution Party in that election. The way things have been going, at least here in IL, the Dems and the Reps are pretty close on many issues which tics me off.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    IMO Ron Paul is the only one who stands a chance of beating Obama. The lefties will vote for Obama again. The righties will vote for anyone BUT Obama again. If you put up a radical fundie like Santorum you might as well not bother with an election. No moderate will vote Santorum. Ditto anyone who doesn't want a Christian Theocracy. Ron Paul has supporters across the spectrum. He's the only one. Romney's worst enemy in this race is his other face. Kerry got called a flip flopper because of about 3 issues. Romney flip flops on everything from foreign policy to abortion to whether or not he likes pancakes. He thinks it's a joke that he won't release his taxes. He won't do it because he knows he pays less than most middle class families. He ought to just go ahead and dress like a Nascar driver with all his corporate sponsors right on his jacket. That's who Romney will work for - not the people.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Just in: Romney pegs his tax rate at "around 15%". Yea, I'm betting he's estimating high. He's worth $200,000,000 and pays a lower percentage than most people who are worth $100,000.
  • mikajoanow
    mikajoanow Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    IMO Ron Paul is the only one who stands a chance of beating Obama. The lefties will vote for Obama again. The righties will vote for anyone BUT Obama again. If you put up a radical fundie like Santorum you might as well not bother with an election. No moderate will vote Santorum. Ditto anyone who doesn't want a Christian Theocracy. Ron Paul has supporters across the spectrum. He's the only one. Romney's worst enemy in this race is his other face. Kerry got called a flip flopper because of about 3 issues. Romney flip flops on everything from foreign policy to abortion to whether or not he likes pancakes. He thinks it's a joke that he won't release his taxes. He won't do it because he knows he pays less than most middle class families. He ought to just go ahead and dress like a Nascar driver with all his corporate sponsors right on his jacket. That's who Romney will work for - not the people.
    I think if Americans were truly faced with the decisions and they had all their facts straight I don't think Paul could win against Obama. He can't even win amongst Republicans (probably because he isn't really a Republican) even though his followers are fanatical and go out of their way to drum up support and excitement for him. If that is the best they can do, its far to late for Mr Paul, especially considering his age.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

Actually, I believe Ron Paul won:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXMUCmU2evI
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    The number one reason I hate Mitt Romney: Money. I don't trust a person who has millions of dollars, evades taxes, and whose wife wears a $1000 shirt on a tv interview. What kind of example does that set to the struggling people in this country?

I will be writing in Ron Paul if he isn't on the Republican ballot.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    He bought his coronation and Im tired of this next in line BS