My Journey -Dutchess

Options
NYCDutchess
NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
Ok, so I need somewhere to keep track of ME and of course my friends are welcome to post. I guess I could do a blog, but if this is fine with everyone, it's fine with me.

Intro: I'm Maureen, but Dutchess is my super-hero Alter ego. I'm the mom of an 18 year old college student and twin 6 year olds. ALL BOYS! My natural good weight is about 120-125 though drs (when they go by those charts say 115). I look way better with those extra 15-10 lbs. My husband works out too and is a Firefighter. Great guy, very supportive.

I started this "New" session of diet and exercise this month.
January 3rd. Safflower oil, low carb diet and CKO gym (crazy kickboxing, boxing, cardio 1 hr class...youtube has videos).

Hoping to loose approximately 15-20 lbs.

I currently weigh 139.5 and I'm 5'2ish

The fat really shows on me, even in clothes now which is really what gets to me. I want to wear my crazy tiny Brazilian bikini by summer.

I LOVE my bigger butt lol...but may have to give a bit up in order to get down to MY perfect body. ( I put MY because what I'm going for may not be what other people find perfect).

I'm really focusing primarily on core exercises and cardio with some muscle sprinkled in for good measure.

If I could loose 4-6 inches in my waist, keep my butt, and tone my thighs I'd be in heaven :)

I wish I took a picture before I started...it was pretty bad lol...I ALREADY feel much better.

I will weigh myself on Monday and take some measurements. I do know that when I measured my belly (the fattest part) it was 34"!!! That was just NUTS to me!!!

So, that's me in a nut shell. So glad to be part of this group. I'm going to try to post in here daily...use it as a journal or diary...

Replies

• jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Great post Dutchess! I too am 5'2" but honestly 135 to 140 looks good on me so my goal is to get back to that. I weighed this morning and I knew it would be bad - I am up to over 160 - 164.4 to be exact. I guess its time to face the music and put that on my profile so I can at least see my results as I start going down.

I'm also really working on my core exercises. I walk at lunch and really pull my stomach muscles in as I am walking. In my personal training class we do planks, and I am getting better at them!

Looking forward to seeing results with you!
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    JC (hope that's ok) -Awesome! I clench my butt too, to make sure that it stays up and round :)
    Remember when pulling in your stomach it's back and down. I never realized that until recently, and WHAT a difference it makes ESPECIALLY when sitting and working out!!!!
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    1/13/11
    I did wind up having a piece and a half of cake and 2 small pieces of fudge yesterday but I got my a** to the CKO class and got my butt whipped. This trainer was AMAZING. ALL of his exercises worked on abs in some way, shape or form. And of course there was cardio in the mix as well. It didn't even feel like an hour....I could have kept going which is really rare. It just felt soooo good.

When I don't get to go to the gym, I'm going to do a bunch of the stuff he taught me.

I FEEL like I'm already seeing a difference!! I really think that if I can keep this up for a month or even two I'll be as close to perfect as I can be. My butt looks HUGE!!! I'm loving it...if I could keep some butt and loose the fat around my belly I'd be soooo happy!!!!!

Over all I had a great week!!! I'm going to keep it up through the weekend too!!!!
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    1/17/11
    OMG what a roller coaster weekend...I had a great Friday night, went to a 'toy" party with great ladies, and then out to the club...then Saturday my kids were playing with their chinchilla and I don't know what they did but somehow they killed him so I was hysterical all day yesterday, just feeling so bad for that little chin. No more pets, I can't take the stress...

Otherwise diet wise, it wasn't "great" but I was under my calories thanks to my work out yesterday. So it is what it is...

I'm hoping to hit the gym 2x today, lunch for a cardio kickbox and tonight for my CKO kickboxing class.
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    1/18/12

Got in 2 good workouts yesterday....today, I'm in leg pain lol...BUT I'm going to try to hit the gym for at least a half hour on the elipitical. Then tonight...abs...

I'm thinking if I can do a few sets a night for my abs...I'll speed up the cutting process...

I learned a few new ab workouts last night too...so lets see how it goes. I just have to DO THEM! lol
  • NYCDutchess
    Options
    2/21/12

Ok...now look at that..I fell off, yet again. I'm not sure WHY I sabotage myself...

I now have 60 days until vacation...

I want to lose at least 12 lbs by April 1st.

I'm back F this!!! I NEED TO DO THIS FOR ME!!!