Good Eats - Restaurant Reviews

Options
_Khaleesi_
_Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
Where have you eaten that was divine? Which place didn't live up to the hype? Have a dish to recommend?
Share with us here!!

(Bonus points for those who add pictures)

Replies

• Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    We had Thanksgiving at Cinderella's Royal Table, once. Years ago. I have no pictures. I fail. But it was lovely.

I'll have more to add to this when we go on our trip. But I eagerly await recommendations.
  • david581c
    david581c Posts: 337
    Options
    Rain Forest cafe off of mainstreet between california adventure and disneyland.
    Great food, all kinds, and the best part? The animatronic gorillas!
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    I have never eaten at Cinderella's Royal Table... just stared in longingly as we walked past. Was the food good?

I've been to the Rainforest Cafe in Chicago and in Disney World (downtown disney). I have to admit, the Disney version seemed a bunch more magical. The thunderstorm every 30 minutes was super cool. We sat below the animatronic cheetahs lol. They have a newer restaurant now in Downtown Disney called T-Rex which is a similar style as Rainforest Cafe, but dinosaurs instead, and instead of thunderstorms every half hour, there are meteor showers!!
  • david581c
    david581c Posts: 337
    Options
    Dont even know the name, but off of main st. They got mickey head shaped waffles :D
    The best!
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    I've been doing a ton of reading on where we should make our reservations for our honeymoon. We are excited to try a bunch of different place AND snacks. Rumor has it, you can get the BEST cinnamon buns at the Main St Bakery AND ask for extra cream cheese icing! Calories galore, but you only honeymoon once!!

So far it looks like we're trying: Le Cellier (Epcot), Coral Reef (Epcot), Liberty Tree Tavern (Magic Kingdom), Boatwright's Dining Hall (Port Orleans), Whispering Canyon (Fort Wilderness), 50's Prime Time Cafe (Hollywood Studios) and Flame Tree BBQ (animal kingdom).
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Mind you, we don't go to the super-fancy places due to having a kidlet so lots of the places we've eaten at weren't the signature restaurants or they were character meals:

The places that stood out from our trip last year and some of our favourites...

Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD -- Nice lunch spot.
    T-Rex -- It's just like Rainforest Cafe, but cooler because it's dinosaurs. The kiddo loved it.
    Ghirardelli Soda Fountain in DTD -- Lovely ice cream. Ghirardelli. Enough said. http://allears.net/menu/menu_gh.htm
    Garden Grove at the Swan -- We're not huge 'buffet' sorta people but this was such a nice change of pace from the standard Disney places. Had a fresh juice bar, omelets, French toast to order. http://allears.net/menu/menu_ggb.htm
    50's Primetime in HS -- We just stopped in for a PB&J shake but damn was it good.
    Starring Rolls Cafe in HS -- The sandwiches were so freakin' good. We had a chocolate cupcake muffin thing that I'd kill to have again. So sickeningly delicious, could only eat half of it.
    Boulangerie Patisserie in Epcot World Showcase: France -- Great for a baguette or a sweet bite.

The Liquid Meal:

We always make it a point to stop for a pint of Strongbow or Snakebite from the Rose & Crown in the U.K. pavilion. Even though my hubs is English and he thinks it's all a bit cheesy, he enjoys it. Also, a couple-four Grey Goose or Grand Marnier slushies in the France pavilion. Or a daiquiri from the little kiosk in Morocco (last time I got one from there, the cute guy kept pouring more booze onto the top of it. He obviously could spot an appreciative lush from a mile away.)

I'm probably forgetting something but now I'm hungry so it's best I stop yapping on about food.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    We were planning on doing Wolfgang Puck Express on our Downtown Disney shopping day. I have only heard great things. And we are totally doing Rainforest AND T-Rex because we are so cool like that. :P I'm thinking getting Ghiradelli Ice Cream will be a must.
  • lizzybeth5983
    lizzybeth5983 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When we went at Thanksgiving we ate at:

Whispering Canyon Cafe- delicious!
    Tony's - we sat on the porch it was lovely !
    Le Celier- we booked a reservation at 8:00 which is really late but the best part was when we left the park had closed so it was so nice to take our time strolling out. And the mac and cheese is a must!
    London- make sure you get the french fries!
    Chef Mickeys- had amazing mashed potatoes, but wouldn't go back unless I had kids with me.
    Liberty Tree Tavern- honestly it was our worst meal of all... :(

Thanksgiving before
    Biergarten- not bad if you like a nice selection of german entertainment and food.
    Crystal Palace- enjoyed more then chef mickeys
    50's Prime Time Cafe- loved this! Great food

We also drank around the world- I HIGHLY recommend the grey goose slush in France and again to get fries (chips) in London
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    We make our reservations in 13 days!! We are hammering out the final details of meals. EXCITING!!!

If anyone is looking for great reviews and details on Disney World food, make sure that you look into the Disney World Food Blog.

Linked here: http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/
  • Disney2012
    Disney2012 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm a seafood lover, so I enjoy the Flying Fish on the Boardwalk. You can also check out: www,wdwinfo.com for more information on Disney by clicking on their "forum/discussion" page.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Thanks!!!

We've got almost all of our reservations booked (and at the times we wanted!!)
    We're just waiting a couple more days for the 180 days to come around for 50's Prime Time Cafe, T-Rex and Le Cellier! I REALLY hope we get in to Le Cellier!!!
  • Disney2012
    Options
    Are you on the dining plan?
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Are you on the dining plan?

No we decided against it. We really wanted freedom on our honeymoon and decided that we would rather go without it. Maybe next time we go we will look into it, but not for this trip.

T-Rex has been booked!! Now it's just 50's Prime Time and Le Cellier and then we will have gotten everything we wanted!!
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I have never eaten at Cinderella's Royal Table... just stared in longingly as we walked past. Was the food good?

I've been to the Rainforest Cafe in Chicago and in Disney World (downtown disney). I have to admit, the Disney version seemed a bunch more magical. The thunderstorm every 30 minutes was super cool. We sat below the animatronic cheetahs lol. They have a newer restaurant now in Downtown Disney called T-Rex which is a similar style as Rainforest Cafe, but dinosaurs instead, and instead of thunderstorms every half hour, there are meteor showers!!

My husband and I dined at the Rainforest Cafe in downtown Disney this past February. We loved it. When our server found out we were on our honeymoon, she brought out free dessert for us after we were done with our dinner. It was so nice of her!

I LOVE the T-Rex restaurant!! I def think it's better than the Rainforest Cafe. I'd love to get a table inside the ice cave next time. The entire cave (room) changes colors!!!!
  • Disney2012
    Options
    I just got back from Disneyland about 2 weeks ago and we ate at the Rainforest Cafe and thought the food was really good. We also ate @ESPN and I had a delicous salad with lots of fresh veggies! I'm heading to Walt Disney World in Nov. and have reservations at the following restaurants:
    Ragland Road
    Cape May
    Boma's
    Tutto Italian
    Crystal Palace
    I've been to all these restaurants except for Ragland Road and Tutto.
    I'm so looking forward to this trip!
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I just got back from Disneyland about 2 weeks ago and we ate at the Rainforest Cafe and thought the food was really good. We also ate @ESPN and I had a delicous salad with lots of fresh veggies! I'm heading to Walt Disney World in Nov. and have reservations at the following restaurants:
    Ragland Road
    Cape May
    Boma's
    Tutto Italian
    Crystal Palace

I want to try Cape May. I've read and heard many great reviews for it. I'd also like to try Chef Mickey's. My husband and I ate at Crystal Palace for his birthday for dinner one year and we didn't like it at all. The only part of dinner we liked was that my husband got to take a photo with Tigger and he was given a birthday card signed by all of the characters there and a cupcake with a candle. I honestly liked my local Golden Corral better than Crystal Palace.

Tony's (I can't remember the entire name) in the Magic Kingdom (like right past the entrance area) was pretty good. I wouldn't say the food was the best ever, but it was good. I really liked the atmosphere inside the restaurant. Our server sang to us and even had us eat a spaghetti noodle together like in Lady and the Tramp! It was kind of romantic.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Ragland Road
    Cape May
    Boma's
    Tutto Italian
    Crystal Palace

I want to try Cape May. I've read and heard many great reviews for it. I'd also like to try Chef Mickey's. My husband and I ate at Crystal Palace for his birthday for dinner one year and we didn't like it at all. The only part of dinner we liked was that my husband got to take a photo with Tigger and he was given a birthday card signed by all of the characters there and a cupcake with a candle. I honestly liked my local Golden Corral better than Crystal Palace.

Tony's (I can't remember the entire name) in the Magic Kingdom (like right past the entrance area) was pretty good. I wouldn't say the food was the best ever, but it was good. I really liked the atmosphere inside the restaurant. Our server sang to us and even had us eat a spaghetti noodle together like in Lady and the Tramp! It was kind of romantic.

I have heard Tony's is more hit than miss. I think it's one of the most consistantly low rated restaurants in Disney World. Which is really too bad, because the theming is epic.

25 days until we are in Disney!
  • Disney2012
    Options
    Ragland Road
    Cape May
    Boma's
    Tutto Italian
    Crystal Palace

I have heard Tony's is more hit than miss. I think it's one of the most consistantly low rated restaurants in Disney World. Which is really too bad, because the theming is epic.

• Disney2012
    Options
    Ragland Road
    Cape May
    Boma's
    Tutto Italian
    Crystal Palace

Are you doing any races while at WDW?
    Now I'm trying to decide which counter services to eat at, anyone has suggestions?

• Tenajberry
    Tenajberry Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Has anyone managed to get reservations for the new "Be Our Guest" restaurant? I've been trying for weeks, and so far, no go. :frown:

68 days to Disney! :flowerforyou: