Places???

Options
Anyone know any good hiking places??? I'm originally from the bay area, and we have a LOT of mountains and what not that we can use for gorgeous hikes... out here, not so much lol Wondering if anyone has found any great area's???

Replies

• Mike937
    Mike937 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Not sure exactly where you are located, but my family and I love to hike in Sequoia National Park. You can get to Kings and Sequoia in about 45 minutes from Fresno. Just take the 180 East and keep going. Yosemite is also another awesome place, about 1 hour from Fresno.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Millerton Lake's not too far from Fresno and has a nice trail. Three Rivers has some beautiful areas, East of Visalia. Not relly sure where you are or how far you want to travel. And of course, Sequoia and Yosemite have much more variety and gorgeous scenery. I'm in Fresno and take my dogs to Woodward park for easy hiking. There's a nice two mile loop we like to walk.
  • ncbecker13
    ncbecker13 Posts: 54
    Options
    Pinnacles...Pinnacles...Pinnacles!!! The Pinnacles National Monument about 32 miles south of a little town called Hollister, CA. It is always really quiet out there. Most people are local and if you bump into any rangers, chances are they have lived in the area their whole lives. My favorite place in the world! Check it out!