Your kids and night time snacks

Options
OMG as my six year old daughter would say!!! This how it all started....and I am trying so hard right that exact moment! I let the kids have a treat at night and mommy use to have one too and then wouldn't stop! lol

So just now the kids said mom what about our treats - I was hoping they would forget but nope! I said would it kill you guys to go one night without a treat and they said yep! lol

So they brought out the can of pringles I made them both go to the other end of the couch and said I don't want to see them or smell them or I will eat the whole can!

15062938.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• cuteness81104
    cuteness81104 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Its hard when kids want to at stuff you shouldnt but luckily my kids rarely eat junk food. We do not keep any junk food in the house I think the worst thing here is a bag of goldfish crackers. I got my kids started with healthy snacking so if they want a snack its not so bad for them or me. Try keeping things like yogurt raisins, sherbet, yogurt covered pretzels, carrot sticks, fresh fruit popsicles, string cheese, fruit cups, fresh baked low cal banana bread is a nice option especially if you make it in mini loaf tins so the slices are smaller, my kids love strawberries or grapes with yogurt dip....etc in the house as snack instead and that way th kids get a healthy snack that wont ruin your diet and will start them on the right path to choosing healthy options. Also i have found that keeping pre portioned items in the house helps too....the little icecream cups are great a nice treat without over doing it......and my kids always have fun making our own smoothies in our magic bullet they will each choose their wn small yogurt cup and i always keep small bags of frozen fruit (a great snack on its wn in warm months) they each choose what flavor yogurt and what kinds of fruit and get to make their drink they love it as an after school treat witha little whipped cream and a fun straw
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My oldest is getting a crazy sweet tooth that is insatiable. It really scares me for her because I see the struggles and heartache ahead of her if she is allowed to eat the way she wants to. I'm not doing anything extreme, but it is a lifestyle change. I'm getting real about my food and the food I feed my kids. It's gonna have to be the same deal or they will never learn and my hard work wont stick. I figure when they get hungry enough, they will eat natural, healthy foods and think they are delicious. :laugh: Thats my plan and I'm stickin to it.

sierra
  • cuteness81104
    cuteness81104 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    i have found that with my kids if its cut up the will eat it they love fresh veggies and fresh fruit if i cut it up and put it on the table during the day they snack a ton during play time and after school and as long as i have healthy stuff on the table tey eat it try fruit or yogurt smoothies kids pick a flavor of yogurt and fruits and its fun and sweet and healthy as long as i have options out on the table the dont go looking for other stuff they eat what is right in front of them