Jean Sizes

Options
kimi131
kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
I confess, I'm a terrible judge at figuring out what size I am. Today I announced proudly to my colleagues "I'm wearing my new 10s!" They were shocked, saying that I'm smaller than that and should be in 8s or 6s. (Don't tell them that I still have a pair of 12s I wear). I surely don't see myself as an 8 and especially not a 6 yet. Then they made me walk in front of them so they could check out the new jeans and all agreed I could go down a size or two. These are brand new jeans so I'm gonna wear them a while regardless. When I bought them, I tried on other 10s and they seemed kinda snug. I still carry a lot of my weight in my tummy and I don't like the way they feel if they're tight around the middle, even if they're baggie everywhere else. Maybe I just wore my 12s for so long that I forgot how jeans are supposed to fit. I tried on a pair of 8s (in slacks, not jeans) and they fit, but even they seemed a little more snug around the middle than I am comfortable with. I sure don't see myself as the skinny girl that my colleagues see me (probably because I've got another 30lbs to go before I reach my goal weight). Where are Stacie and Clinton when I need them?

Replies

• reactor25
    reactor25 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Jeans are the absolute hardest thing for me to get right. The main problem is I hold weight in my stomach (so jealous of all you hourglass ladies!!) and I have a long torso. So I have to find the rare and elusive pair of jeans that has a decent rise and only a slight curve. I do not like them tight at the waist because it makes the muffin top and I don't like to go up a bigger size because then they are baggy everywhere else! Ughhh! But, still jeans are one of my favorite things to wear :)
    You probably just need to try on a lot of different styles and sizes until you find the ones that are right and you probably are smaller than you realize!