Day 67 Challenge!

Options
shovav91
shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
Today's challenge:
No take-out today! Although some restaurants list their nutritional information, every chef is different. You could be consuming hundreds of extra calories without even knowing it! Today, take control of your meals; make them yourself! You will end up with a less expensive, more nutritious and probably much more delicious meal.
Make a great day MFP!

Replies

• hosnowjo
    hosnowjo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    okey, dokey. This I can do as I have a freezer stuffed full of food I can use.
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Oh POOP! I didn't bring lunch today.... I'll think of something. Maybe I'll run to the grocery store.. hmmm..
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Oi..... My entire office is being taken out for lunch today by our head chair of the board..... Would getting a plain salad and using lemon instead of salad dressing be ok?
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    Funny I am definitely not a snob to take-out but I have found over the years Fast food restaurants and for that matter fast food sit-down restaurants rob us! Not only by having Highcalorie foods but they really don't have a lot of flavor or good taste! I feel most of us could make a darn good hamburgar at home much better then they can!
  • monih10
    monih10 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Love this challenge!! No take out for me today!! =]
  • SaToBSaT
    SaToBSaT Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is going to be hard. My wife and I are going on a date tonight (she works nights usually and the kids are going to the grandparents) so we haven't had a 'date' in a very long time, but depending on where we go I will choose wisely and avoid the usual trapping of restaurant food (and yes we could 'eat in' but we cook almost every night and ant a break from that too) :-)
  • KassiV
    KassiV Posts: 28
    Options
    I'll be making my own salad in the dining hall of the hospital where I work for lunch today. Does that count?
  • nume2012
    Options
    Wow what a day for me to join! No take out day, and me with no lunch :( Fresh greens it is!
    Good luck everyone :)
  • FitnessBarbie99
    FitnessBarbie99 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    So glad I brought my lunch today. We usually go out on Fridays.

Salmon burger, moderate portion of Smart Taste spaghetti and lots and lots of broccoli ! Yummy!
  • marian723
    marian723 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love this challenge. Will do!
  • SportsFan41
    SportsFan41 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great....homemade is better anyway :)
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    This is a hard one, I was thinking of letting the kids have family movie night and ordering pizza delite pizza for me of course...maybe I will make homemade pizza, it would be better for us anyway....
  • MuffRuff
    MuffRuff Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Done! I almost never eat take-out.
  • andrealmccarthy
    Options
    I hardly ever eat take-out. So, done!!
  • dchienku
    dchienku Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Done! Thanks for this..sometimes when I am out with the kids I think that going thru the drive thru would be the easiest...not the helathiest!

Thanks off to eat at home,
    Denise