Introducing myself to Dysautonomia Group - gazz777

Hi all,

I did not know there was such a word, so out of curiosity I had to search what it meant.

According to the Wikipedia article I have a mild form.

When REALLY stressed out I collapsed once last year. Usual stressors want me to sleep or I feel pain in various joints.

I have loose joints (Hypermobility Syndrome) which can loosely be associated with other connective tissue disorders.

Feel free to friend me if this sounds similar to yourself.

Thanks,

Gazz

Replies

• Hello, everybody.

I have postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), and it is eating my life. I am eating low-carb, high-salt, and wearing support socks, to try to fight back.

I also have hypermobile joints and thin / see-through / velvety skin, like a lot of my family. We haven't been diagnosed with any collagen disorder, but that may just be because we avoid rheumatologists. ;-)
  • Wondering if anyone is still active in this group. I was originally diagnosed with POTS, but more recently docs have been leaning toward generalized dysautonomia. As many of us do, I've got a trail of other dxs to go with that. Main concern here is weight management despite severe exercise intolerance.
  • pitzerja
    pitzerja Posts: 2 Member
    Yikes, 7 years since the last post. Bummer it's not more active. I have neurocardiogenic syncope (NCS) and was diagnosed in 2002. I am cardio-exercise intolerant (adreneline), can't stand for more than 4 minutes, and can't bend over without having an episode. But, I do manage! :)