My Dream Dress

Options
mrsrice86
mrsrice86 Posts: 79 Member
So yesterday i purchased my dream wedding dress!! I am so excited!! :)
I'm not getting married until 22nd June 2013, but i knew from the minute i saw it, it was "the one".

Tried it on and felt amazing! :)

I have been told by the owner of the store (dressmaker) that i can lose weight, and have the dress altered to fit. But if i put weight on it cannot be altered! So there is some big motivation for me right there :)

Plus as an added bonus, the dress was originally £1200, and i got it for £299 in the sale!

Just wanted to share with everyone as i'm so happy about it lol!
And it's given me a huge kick up the bum to shift this weight!

Anyone else got their dress so far in advance??

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Not just you! I'm not getting married until summer 2014, and I just placed the order for my dress! First one I tried on and it just felt right!

Mine is bespoke and made six months before the wedding, so size doesn't really matter. But looking good on my wedding day is certainly long term motivation!

I don't know how I'll be able to keep the design a secret for that long though!
  • teedlemac862003
    Options
    I didn't get my dress that far in advance simply because our engagement is only 9 months long, but WOW on the deal that you got on the dress! You simply can't pass up a sale that amazing on such an amazing dress! Congrats!
  • tabatha_burris
    Options
    This is motivating to know that when I find the right dress I will know!! Ive been looking and found some that I like but nothing Ive been on and just knew that was it!! Glad you found the perfect dress!! :happy: Stay motivated!!
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi I friended you because I thought it was cool that we have the same wedding date, and I just bought my dream dress last month. I really only tried on one, but I knew it was the one. Even though I plan on losing weight before the big day, I was afraid that the dress would no longer be available closer to my date, so I bought it. I can always get it altered.
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    I just ordered my dress on Tuesday and i'm getting married August 23 2014. So excited and nervous for it to come in! I added an extra 3" length to mine after ordering it, because originally I was going to cut it down to make it tea length but now I want to wear it the way it was originally designed.
  • Riley_Bello
    Options
    I am glad to read that I am not the only bride who found and purchased her dress far in advance. Once I found the ideal dress, I felt it is best to buy it immediately or it may not be there when I returned.

CONGRATS to all. :happy: