Introductions

Options
jchrisman717
jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
I would love to see more people from Kansas/Missouri on here - let's get this group going.

I live in Excelsior Springs, Missouri and work in downtown Kansas City. I would love to have a group to meet with and to plan some meet and greets with.

Replies

• Awesome! I'm in Topeka & am doing well this time but would like some motivation and some meet & greets. Maybe the beginning of summer when we look great! Just what I had in mind!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Wonderful! Its nice to have the motivation and support of others trying to do the same. Maybe some more Kansas/Missouri people will join our little group!
  • tarabear826
    Options
    I'm just beginning and hoping to either find a walking partner or do some meet and greets. I live in Kansas City, MO by the stadiums.
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Welcome Tara! Your not far from me at all. I used to live in Independence but moved to Excelsior Springs about two years ago. I work downtown still though. We will definately have to plan a meet and greet in the Spring. Maybe I should post this on the actual boards and see if we can get some more KC area people on here!

Well this back and forth weather changes have my allergies and sinus all over the place! But - I'll take the warmer weather - no matter the consequences.
  • Yay- 3 membersI I would participate in a meet & greet during summer also. I am in KC frequently anyway.
  • ttwsweet
    Options
    Would LOVE an accountability partner! My husband has NO idea how to be encouraging or hold me accountable! ;) Ha! (Like how I did that... sort of blamed my husband for 20 years of bad eating habits?!)

I'm in Northern Cass County, suburbia (just about as far sounth in the Metro as possible and still be considered KC)... if anyone's down this way... let me know. I'll be working in Mission, KS from April through July too... so if someone's in that area...

I trust we can all do this... we can be strong and healthy and hope-filled... together!
  • tarabear826
    Options
    Hey everyone. =) Today was pretty productive for my first day. I made sure I drank plenty of water and I was over on my exercise and under on my cal intake. Neither one was crazy under or over though. =) So I would say it was a great first day. How did everyone else do?
  • alesia65
    Options
    Hi all, I'm a 47 year old traveling nurse who is currently working in Central Iowa, but live in Jefferson City, MO. I know how important being healty is but to be honest I'm have real issues with my weight sincee my last round of Chemo in 2005. I could really use a group of friends to help me stay motivated and to make me accountable. I look forward to chatting with all of you.
  • gagesmom314
    gagesmom314 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a 34 year old mom of two boys and live in Salina, KS. Two weeks ago I joined Curves and decided it was time to do this seriously. I currently weigh 306. I need motivation. I need someone on my side. My husband tries but it just isn't the same as having someone who goes through it with you.
  • cstrotkamp
    Options
    Hello all! I live in the Wichita area and am looking for a support group while I try this 'lifestyle change". I work for a medical group and we are having our version of "The Biggest Loser" starting tomorrow until April 27th. My weight loss journey won't end there. I am turning 40 next year and want to start that chapter in my life looking and feeling better than I have in years!

A lot of life changes are occuring for me this year and I want to face the future confident and happier with who I am. Good luck!

-Cindy
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Heyyy!!! My name is Barbara and I live in St. Joseph, MO. (About 40-60 minutes away from KC depending on which part you're headed to.) I'm getting married in a year and hopefully can lose a bunch of weight before then. 7 pounds down so far!
  • RDalton84
    Options
    Hi! My name is Regan and I am a 27 year old mother of two little boys (6 and 3) and I have a wonderful husband of 6 years. Looking for new friends and support system! I live in Leavenworth (on the KS side) about 25 mintues from KC KS and KC MO. I currently work in KC KS every day. Anyone else close by?
  • shopperchick17
    shopperchick17 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My name is Michelle, I'm from Lees Summit, MO and work on the Plaza. Trying to reach my goal weight before my big 40!!!!!!!!(april 13th) Just needed lots of support and motivation!! Glad to find this group :)
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Welcome! I'm glad to see some more people on here. Let's get through this gloomy weather and ready for Spring!
  • Awesome! I didnt think the members would ever increase. I love it! I have something to look forward to when I log in... checking on my neighbors!
  • rjrober
    Options
    Hi,

It's late (or early depending on your schedule), I had too much coffee in the afternoon/evening. I live in western Independence, but teach at JCCC in the Art Dept.

I started using the myfitnesspal on my iPhone at the suggestion of my doctor. I have about 140 overall to lose, but right now I'm focused on 10% of my starting weight. So far I've lost 8. If I keep track of what and how much I eat, I lose weight. My goal is to feel good, without so much pain in the knees, my back, feet, etc. I'm 52 now and didn't have any meds to take or any major complaints physically until about 5 years ago. My excess weight has taken a toll on my body and this had to change.

So I look forward to chatting, maybe meeting and in general finding and giving support.

Ruthanne
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    HI
    I Live in Excelsior Springs and work in Shawnee Mission KS
    I have been on MFP for over a year now and still holding on to a 20 # weight loss but have plateaued. needing support!

Friend me!!!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Hello all,

More new people - yea!! Sorry I've been MIA. I don't know about everyone else but my allergies have been getting me under. I think its this back and forth weather. I just started using a Netipot and already it has helped.

I really really want to lose weight before May 1. We have so much going on this year, traveling, etc. and I want to feel good about myself. When I feel fat and uncomfortable I am not as much fun to be around - I tend to be grumpy with my husband and that is not fair to him.

So today I'm back on my logging calories and really going to try to stay within my 1300 range until next Wednesday as we have our first body fat check in my personal training class.

At least I can get some good outdoor walking done today since it is supposed to be really nice out!

Have a good day everyone.
  • Cupcakehippiemommy
    Cupcakehippiemommy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Hey chicas!! My name is Erika and I live in Leahwood (eh not sure but zip is 64114 ) I work from home so I usually exercise during my hour lunch break and after work. I moved here with my hubby 6 months ago from St.Louie and love KC so far ! So far I am on track to reaching my goal by July. I am one determined fluffy cupcake :)
  • we're all cup cakes