Keep on truckin!

Options
moxette
moxette Posts: 104 Member
Nolan and I were trolling the kitchen last last night. We were both slightly unsatisfied, had 200 or so calories left and weren't sure what to do with it.....we are either the perfect match or loooooosers.... ;-)
He said "How many weeks to we have to do this thing?"
Uh oh, bored already? So, as I sit here this morning eating my peanut butter toast and listening to him breath heavily on the spin bike in the other room I want to tell everyone... THIS IS FOR THE LONG HAUL... 6 weeks guys, the whole point of it is to establish new habits so that you will still keep them when it is all said and done. It isn't a diet, its way of life that you can sustain without feeling like "I will just do it till I get there". So take a look at the last two weeks, commend yourselves for making improvements!!!
If you have fallen off the wagon, get back on , you WILL catch up!
Take care and do what you need to do for your body.
As for us.... I going to have to put some cayenne in his breakfast bar to spice things up a bit.
See ya in the gym!
Caryn

Replies

• loomiswatergirl
    Options
    How right - thanks for all the encouragement!!! As I look at my measurements from fit camp and try and not get discouraged, I must remember - Lifestyle changes take time and as you said it will come. Yesterday was a bad day but back on the wagon today - we are human after all. Life throws curves at us :smile: I enjoy each and every workout and am feeling better, clothes fit different, so heres to the LONG HAUL for the rest of my life and to be a good example for my kids. See you at the gym!!!
  • eisenmansandy
    eisenmansandy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have to admit I have been thinking the same thing not so much on the food thing but the exercise part of it. I have to remind myself not to watch that calander and that this is for the rest of my life just not 6 weeks! I do so much better when I do group excerising than on my own. Thanks for the encouragemnent and showing us that you are just as human as we are. Heres to the rest of our lives:drinker:
  • FitMary2011
    Options
    I don't recall if it was last night (I think it was) or this morning.. at some point I thought, "Pam Peldo is going to win this thing" (whatever THIS thing is) as she is the most consistent that I know, of us, for "logging in." I remember thinking, when I first read this challenge...ya I can do this for 6 weeks. Log in, I mean. I might have to throw the bag of Mike and Ike's out the door, though.

I'm not bored with this little "exercise" of watching what I eat and exercising. In some ways it is kind of motivating - I look at how many calories I've eaten and the fact that I haven't worked out yet today - it had better stay nice enough to go out and get some fresh air at 5 p.m. because ...well, JUST because. Because I want to get a good workout in without worrying about falling down (one of my "ice skates" broke last night - nothing that I can't repair, but I have to repair).

I also can't believe that on a typical day I only get 1200 calories. I really think I should just get 2000...why not?? :)