Weekend Chat

Options
MzGrinch9250
MzGrinch9250 Posts: 375 Member
Good Morning Divas! I thought it would be nice to have a chat thread where we can post about our day and/or just get to know each other.

I'm Lisa and this morning I'll be heading to Curves as soon as they open at 8 a.m. We have a few regulars that show up as soon as they open their doors. Today I'm still feeling sore from the past few days. I've been really pushing myself on the machines and my PI has been increasing.

I'm trying a new recipe today for "Apple Pie Oatmeal" which was posted on the boards. However, I've tweaked it and hope it turns out well. I have plans to clean house and do laundry after Curves and just relax for the rest of the day.

Have a great day Divas!

Replies

• MzGrinch9250
    Options
    The Apple Pie Oatmeal was very delicious. Here is my recipe that I tweaked from the post on the boards.

1 cup Steel Cut Oatmeal (I used Quaker)
    4 cups water
    6 tsp Splenda Brown Sugar
    1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
    1/4 tsp Nutmeg
    1 1/2 Large Fuji Apple (diced)

Place everything into a crockpot and cook on low 2-4 hours or until desired texture of Oatmeal. I cooked mine on low for the first 2 hours and then 1 hour on high. I made 5 1-cup servings with the following nutritional information:
    Calories 173; Carbs 36; Sugar 13; Fat 2; Protein 4; Sodium 4.

I tweaked this by replacing the 3 cups of apple juice with water and adding the Splenda Brown Sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and
    1 1/2 apples instead of 3. Use your favorite apple. The next time I make this, I'm going to add more apples. I used a miniature crockpot (dip size) and wasn't sure how much this was going to expand in the pot.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    Great Thread Idea, Lisa!! And the Oatmeal sounds Delicious!! I LOVE Oatmeal, and Apples, so it sounds like a Win-Win to me!!
  • MzGrinch9250
    Options
    Good Morning Divas. Today is Monday for me. Since Curves is closed today, at work I'll get my regular 1 mile walk in. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Lisa
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Good Morning, Divas!! It is Sunday Morning here. I walked for 25 minutes, ate my Oatmeal, and now I'm getting ready for Church. Will check in with you all Later!!
    Have a Super Sunday, Ladies!!