New Vegan

Options
2»

Replies

• justplainoleanne
    justplainoleanne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Not just flatulant, I understand that part, but the pooping is unbelievable! I guess that comes with eating fruits and vegetables. I tend to get headaches now and I haven't had those in the past. They do seem to go away with eating, but it seems like I need to eat every couple of hours. My boss mentioned the other day that I seem to be eating constantly, but losing weight.
  • jaimemariel
    jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I wasn't going to go there unless you did but yeah its normal and healthy but can take some getting used to.
  • LucybellMocha
    Options
    "Justplainolea" - I was wondering how long you've been eating vegan? If it is a fairly recent transition, your headaches could actually be a symptom of detoxification. You wouldn't believe the volume of chemicals in pre-packaged foods. If you have eliminated most of the pre-packaged foods and have switched to whole foods only, then that could well be the cause and your body should adjust soon. The only other thing I can think of is a vitamin deficiency or vitamin overage. Those are just my guesses, I'm not an expert, but thought I'd put the ideas out there, so you can do an evaluation to see if either of those issues could be the cause of your headaches.
  • justplainoleanne
    justplainoleanne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Detox....hadn't thought about that one. I was thinking it was kind of an afternoon slump, but I tend to eat all afternoon (carrots, grapes, nuts, etc.) so I was stumped. I think you hit the nail on the head with the detox. Thank you. BTW - the headaches are better, but allergy season is in full swing, so now there are other issues. This too shall pass.