Rock 'n Roll marathon runners?

Options
sharesb
sharesb Posts: 416 Member
I have done two rock n' roll half marathons. The second one was a bit of a disaster organization wise (Las Vegas December 4th) but regardless, I am looking ahead to 2012 and want to incorporate one or two of the RNR half marathons into my race plan ~ just not sure that Vegas will make the cut into that plan a if they plan on having 44,000+ people running it again.

I am thinking Chicago July 22 or Virgina Beach labor day weekend. Any other RNR runners? Where are you running? :smile:

Replies

• avaloneternal
    Options
    Seattle was awesome and they are improving the course this year :D
  • ryno0618
    ryno0618 Posts: 361
    Options
    Virginia Beach labor day weekend would fit in my running schedule for 2012 about perfect. Take a nice long weekend, go down to Virginia Beach, and rock out a 1/2 for labor day. Yep, sounds good!
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm doing St. Pete, FL next month.
  • klewis81
    klewis81 Posts: 122
    Options
    I'm doing the RNR Dallas half in March
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I heard about the debacle with Vegas and had a few friends there...
    I'm doing the Rock n Roll Dallas half in March...it will be the second RnR event for me...but my 5th half marathon.
  • allie7383
    allie7383 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Half in Philly in Sept! Works out as I have relatives in the near area..
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I did the half in Seattle. It was OK but the start of the race was really not managed well. I'm signed up for Portland OR. But really not a series I have a lot of interest in. I'm bothered it advertises as a charity race and the majority of money doesn't do to charity.
  • mlachance9
    mlachance9 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Wahington D.C. one on March 17th.
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Country Music Marathon in Nashville in April

:)
  • spurradic
    spurradic Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    im planning on doing the half in nashville at the end of april too! i had minor knee surgery in december, so ill be walking it though :)
  • sunleigh
    sunleigh Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    first 1/2 at the RnR in DC in March and then plan to do a second one, have not decide Philly(I am about 1 hour outside the city) or VA Beach yet. Very excited!!! Best St Patty's Day ever!
  • flvsusandy
    flvsusandy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing the country music full marathon in nashville at the end of April! Can't wait!!
  • DianaV86
    DianaV86 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I would love to do the Miami Beach half in December
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Nashville in April
  • ema727
    ema727 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just ran RnR Arizona. Awesome race if you ever get a chance to do it. The course takes you through Tempe, Scottsdale, and Phoenix. I am signed up for RnR Dallas in March. I am also considering doing RnR Portland and Seattle but not sure if it is feasible.
  • DKing33
    DKing33 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Doing the Chicago 1/2!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    My first half will be RnR New Orleans in March. I think it's estimated at 16,000 participants?
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I am doing DC in March. Already sold out!!!!
  • Barribomb
    Barribomb Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do Seattle, maybe L.A. Again, and perhaps if the Palm Springs race works out this year!
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm running Fargo for the 3rd year in a row. There is a reason its one of runner's world top ten races every year. Great race flat and fast. Plus cheap to run.