The Stranger

Options
smurfette75
smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
So whose the "stranger" that rode in on the motorcycle?

Replies

• dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    UGH! I so want to know the answer to this question! Here's another question though. When Emma is headed to Boston with the kids, her car stalls and she has to call a tow truck which of course is driven by their father. During the conversation between Emma and the father, he asks her "so you car is okay" and her response is "I just wanted you to see them one time." She never corrects him about the car being broken down. If this is the case, and she faked the car being broken down, does that mean that she would have been able to leave Storybrooke with the kids, especially considering the fact that the stranger was able to arrive there?
  • smurfette75
    Options
    I was wondering why she didn't correct him either about the car...was something wrong with it...it's just odd that it breaks down right at the storybrook sign...
  • dragonbait0126
    Options
    I think she either faked it OR what Henry said about things happening is true, the car broke down, and Emma realized that if she started the car and headed back to Storybrooke it would be fine. I'm leaning towards her faking it because she said she wanted him to see the kids at least one time.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    So whose the "stranger" that rode in on the motorcycle?

I just wanted to get his name at least!!! I can't wait for the next show, as usual.
  • smurfette75
    Options
    They still didn't really say who he was!!
  • dragonbait0126
    Options
    I know and it's driving me crazy! When he revealed a typewriter in the box, DH came up with a theory that he's Walt Disney. :laugh:
    He's such dork!
  • edorice
    Options
    I know and it's driving me crazy! When he revealed a typewriter in the box, DH came up with a theory that he's Walt Disney. :laugh:
    He's such dork!

Ha, I think that's a bit far fetched. I was thinking that there was something underneath the typewriter. i liked how he kept her in suspense. She agreed to having a drink with this guy and still didn't get his name. Who does that? I demand a name! LOL
  • dragonbait0126
    Options
    Totally not Walt Disney. lol. I have a few theories about him actually. We know Emma was found by a 7-year old boy. The Stranger could be him all grown up. He could also be Robin Hood. There are things about him that could indicate he's the Big Bad Wolf, instead of Dr. Whale (which by the way, where has HE been). 1) He stayed at Grannie's Inn. 2) He's conniving and manipulative. 3) He's got that way of talking and acting that makes you more curious and even though you know it's wrong you just want to go closer and find out more. 4) Red Riding Hood's FTW character was given a bigger role this past week. In the same episode in which we learn more about the Stranger. Hopefully, we'll find out who is next week but I have a feeling they are going to drag his identity out for a while.
  • edorice
    Options
    Yeah, I picked that up too that Red Riding Hood was shown more in the last episode. I'm thinking that he's the Big Bad Wolf for the same reasons. i don't think he would be Robin Hood, I don't see any of them super rich. Well, Mr. Gold most likely has many riches put away.

I'm still confused about Dr. Whale...
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    could the stranger be Rumpilstilskins son?????????
  • edorice
    Options

Wow! We never got the rest of the story about the son, did we?
  • thop123
    thop123 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I bet hes the the big bad wolf. I've been waiting to hear red's story. I'd like to see if theres a bit of a scandalous past in her storybrook life since shes always dressed a lil skanky hahah
  • dragonbait0126
    Options

Wow! We never got the rest of the story about the son, did we?

I thought about that, but if he is then how did he escape the curse? Emma only escaped because of the magical tree. We know that the son ran away when Rumple became the Dark One but unless he was somehow able to escape the curse in FTW, I don't see the stranger being him since he wasn't in Storybrooke. That argument also eliminates my theory that he's the Big Bad Wolf as well for the same reason! haha. I just lost to myself in a debate. Okay so looking at it this way, it has me leaning towards either the boy who found Emma as a baby OR the writer of Henry's book or something to do with the book (i.e. the original writer's son or grandson). Maybe we'll find out tonight!
  • edorice
    Options
    LOL, lost to yourself in your own debate. Man! That's right, he couldn't be part of the curse in any way. This is even more aggravating! :happy:
  • dragonbait0126
    Options
    So now we know the name of the Stranger. The next logical question is...What the HELL were all those extra pages he added to Henry's book?! You know Henry will spot the difference in heartbeat.
  • smurfette75
    Options
    How did he know about the book and what exactly was he doing with it! I'm sure, Henry will spot the difference.
  • edorice
    Options
    I thought Henry would notice right away in that scene; especially since he ripped out some of the pages!

So was thinking about The Stranger and started reading a bit around the internet. He is obviously skilled at writing, his name is August Wayne Booth. I was toying around with the initials first. I thought that he was Pinnochio. With that fact that he keeps saying that he doesn't lie, A.W.B could mean "a wooden boy." I know, that sounds lame.

Someone on the Net took it a step further with his name; August Wayne Booth. August von Haxthausen was a writer and a friend of the Grimm brothers.
  • edorice
    Options
    Maybe "A Wooden Boy" isn't so far fetched after all. He says that he's dying. Maybe he's turning into wood again. Problems with his leg and he can't lie. Although he didn't call Mr. Gold "Papa". That seems like a lie to me.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    He is Pinocchio! I wonder what happens when Emma tries to leave storybrook with Henry
  • dragonbait0126
    Options
    He is Pinocchio! I wonder what happens when Emma tries to leave storybrook with Henry

Yep! Once they did the revewal for real all I could think was "haha all the theories on MFP were right!" Not only is he Pinocchio but he was also the 7 year old boy that found Emma which we also figured out. Go us! lol

I don't know that anything will happen. We know they can both leave. Emma left with August/Pinocchio and Henry left to go find Emma so I don't know that anything will prevent them from leaving. That being said, all hell is going to break loose with Regina whether they are able to leave town or not.