Weekends & evenings

Options
LHubb54
LHubb54 Posts: 14 Member
This is where I have problems sometime. During the day I'm busy at work - and don't think too much of food. But come evenings & weekends... well that's another story. It's worse if I decide I want a drink when I get home from work - then it's a lot harder to make good decisions

Replies

• mclucy145
    Options
    Hi Weezee - I just made your group in to an official "group".
    My name is Lucy - I turned 50 last October. I never had to lose weight until I hit menopause at 45. Now I am 25 heavier.... I am happy to share my story with you if it helps motivate? I too enjoy a glass of wine which really wreaks havoc on my plan.
  • LHubb54
    Options
    Sorry for the delay in replying - just saw your post. I realized that in order to lose the weight - I have to drop drinking for a while - as I can't stop at 1 glass of wine -and must have 2 or 3. I get in a rut - and have a drink or 2 when I get home while I fix dinner.

Would love to hear your story - helps to get tips and ideas from others
  • LHubb54
    Options
    What's everyone planning on doing this weekend?
  • mclucy145
    Options
    HI - I was away in Tremblant for the weekend so didn't track or post anything (I know, bad girl - but I had fun!).
    I am now panicking because I leave for March break on Friday and am not sure any of my summer clothes fit! Aaaargh!
    I see you walk your dog - what kind of dog do you have? I have a chocolate lab named Tuba. He is an old guy so we just have short strolls through the 'hood together.
    Lucy
  • bhnmt
    bhnmt Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi, Lucy and Weezee-- I 'm in the same boat as Lucy. Although I've never been stick-thin, I was always a healthy size until I hit my mid-40s and started to add a couple of pounds a year. Then at 47, I suddenly gained 15 lbs, and then I went back to school last year and gained another 10. "suddenly" I weigh 175. I want to get back to 145-150 and size ten. But I hate to diet, so I'm mainly trying to exercise more and eat less junk. Also I think it would help if I cut out alcohol (like Weezee). I don't drink all that much, but it's an extra 120 calories every day or two that would be easy to cut out. I'm new here, can I friend you both? I'm not exactly even sure how that works.
  • bellstalker
    bellstalker Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I like to drink wine as well...now I afford myself one glass with supper. I brush my teeth before making dinner & I pour myself a large glass of water. This works for me. I found the more I drink ~ the more I eat. When I start to look through cupboards for something to eat I usually grab another water and go to computer to search for ancestors (genealogy). I'm soon to be 55, I'm down 14 pounds about 15 to go.
  • nettenoo31
    Options
    Hi everyone, that seems like a very good idea Bellstalker, I am trying my hardest to restrict the wine intake, but am finding the weekends the hardest.
    My name is Jeanette and I am 55, and from England. My daughter is getting married in March 2013, so have huge motivation for the weightloss (which needs to be around 50lbs) but am really struggling at the moment. I also work full-time, and strange hours, evenings are the worst time. Any motivational tips will be appreciated.
  • bhnmt
    Options
    I'm finding that my motivation is great in the mornings and starts to sag by late afternoon. I'm hungry for dinner around 5:30, but my husband doesn't get home from work until 6:30-7:00. Lately I've been eating a fairly substantial healthy "snack" at 5:00, and then just eating enough at dinner to keep him company. That way at least I'm having something healthy at 5:00 instead of eating junk like I used to. It works out OK calorie-wise, but it's not ideal.
  • bellstalker
    Options
    I think you solved your problem by having a healthy snack when you are hungry (5:00).
    I always use a small (lunch size) plate instead of a dinner plate to eat off of - this helps with portion control.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I had my fourth baby at 42 years of age but didn't put on weight until I was 53. All of a sudden 25 extra pounds appeared. I've been doing this for about 10 days now and have lost 2 pounds. Not as much as I would have liked, but a start anyway.
  • bhnmt
    Options
    that was me, too. I wasn't as thin as I wanted to be, but I was OK. Then two years ago (age 49), I suddenly gained 10 pounds, and then last year another 10. Suddenly I am WAY too heavy. This is going slow, but it is working. I know I won't be able to stick with it if I lose it fast, so I'm trying to really learn how to eat a realistically healthy diet. I've lost 7 lbs since January 3rd. I didn't join MFP until about three weeks ago, though, so it only shows 3 lbs here.

slow but steady, that's what I want.
  • bellstalker
    Options
    I'm back to what I weighed 22 years ago thanks to MFP & my Fitbit. I love these sites. I have gained/lost/gained every year trying different weight loss methods in the past. This is by far the easiest for me.
    Question - Do you get rid of the clothes too big for you or just put them in the closet in case you grow back into them?
  • rolloffat
    rolloffat Posts: 17
    Options
    HI
    Like a lot of you said finding it easier to put the weight on then take it off:cry: of course does not help that I have become a bit lazy and was almost ready to give up!! Feeling tired most of the time does not help, but just have to be tough with myself and not listen to my negitive voice and try to stay postive:smile: