New here

Options
Hi im new to this whole thing called weight lost a.d diet. Oh and to ur group and site just wanted to say hi

Replies

• Babs540
    Babs540 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, i'm new. just joined a second ago. I've done the whole lose weight ordeal but I was 18 and nothing hindering me from doing what i had to do. Now i'm a mom of a 5 yr old and a wife to a husband that thinks poptarts are a nutritious breakfast. I'd love to add anyone that would like to befriend me.
  • bed2883
    bed2883 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! Welcome!
  • TheCountryMomma
    TheCountryMomma Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I am too new to the group!! Look forward to encouraging everyone and getting these pounds off our body for good!!!!!
  • AmanteDoll
    AmanteDoll Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    hello im new just had my daughter two months ago and am at my largest none pregnant weight of 250 i can't stand it
  • Sr1023
    Sr1023 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am new here as well. I have decided that since my daughter is 9 today, I can no longer use the excuse that I just had a baby. So, about a week ago I started really watching what I eat. Other than that, I teach Zumba 4 times per week so the eating was my main issue. I am looking forward to us all helping motivate each other to get this weight off!
  • jennfitz4
    Options
    o goodness, i'm new here. nice to see others like me....i was thin forever, then became a woman and was pregnant all the same time...i dont have any clue what an adult me should look like....so how do i go about finding "her"? this has been most challenging.....
  • PlndrBunny
    Options
    Hey all! I'm new to the group! I am getting myself back on track. I did really well for a stretch last year, I lost about 35 lbs and kept it off but then come fall, which is the busy season in my work PLUS stress oh look I gained 40 lbs! SO now I am getting my eating back on track and getting back in the gym!

I stopped being skinny when I hit puberty and in high school/ college I could have stood to lose 20 lbs or so but it wasn't bad. Then I had my son and gained 75 lbs. Lost some of it and then being a stress/emotional I gained it back. Lost about 20 lbs, got pregnant again, gained 30 which I lost quickly. Then my mom died and back on it went. Last year this time I decided to do a sprint triathalon and lost about 30 lbs in the course of that, which brings me to today after I gained that 40. I am now at my highest weight, and instead of trying for my third child this spring, I need to lose about 50 lbs before my husband will even discuss it!
  • sarahbarah19
    Options
    Hi. I'm new to this group and am encouraged by the fact that I'm not the only mom struggling to lose weight! I have so many friends with children who look amazing that I'm embarrassed to hangout with them! I have three girls and I am striving to lose weight so that I might portray a healthy lifestyle for them and also be able to feel comfortable with myself! I hope to find motivation and be motivating while part of this group! Cheers, Sarah
  • mocty
    mocty Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm new too! I have a sweet 2 1/2 year old little girl. I really want another child and have been trying to lose weight to get healthier. I was 248lbs in October and am currently 218lbs. I lost those 30lbs on Medifast. It worked but I just grew tired of eating 800 calories and not being able to exercise because I was too weak. So, I'm doing it the right way now. No more fad diets for me.

I'm looking forward to losing with you ladies. Then, we'll have to change our name to the Skinny Mama's.
  • mocty
    mocty Posts: 6
    Options
    Hey all! I'm new to the group! I am getting myself back on track. I did really well for a stretch last year, I lost about 35 lbs and kept it off but then come fall, which is the busy season in my work PLUS stress oh look I gained 40 lbs! SO now I am getting my eating back on track and getting back in the gym!

I stopped being skinny when I hit puberty and in high school/ college I could have stood to lose 20 lbs or so but it wasn't bad. Then I had my son and gained 75 lbs. Lost some of it and then being a stress/emotional I gained it back. Lost about 20 lbs, got pregnant again, gained 30 which I lost quickly. Then my mom died and back on it went. Last year this time I decided to do a sprint triathalon and lost about 30 lbs in the course of that, which brings me to today after I gained that 40. I am now at my highest weight, and instead of trying for my third child this spring, I need to lose about 50 lbs before my husband will even discuss it!

Plndrbunny, I can totally relate! I can't even count the times I've gained 50 and lost 50. It's stinks doesn't it?
  • Maripoza28
    Maripoza28 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this group as well. It's my second time around trying out MFP. I have been away from here for the last 6 months. I need lots of motivation and tips that can help me get back on track. I plan to make small changes I'm scared that if I drastically change something I may not want to continue.

Oh by the way, I'm from houston and a working mother of two beautiful kids.
  • moms0211
    Options
    Welcome everyone!!!

I can soo relate to what everyone posted!!! That is why I started this group - I was so sick and tired of feeling like I was in this alone and the only one struggling....when I think deep down I knew I wasn't!! This group and joining my fitness pal has already been a blessing in disguise!! :)
  • LadyShlee
    Options
    Hi! Guess what everyone, I love you all. Anyone trying to good by themselves deserves a big hug and a good word or two in their praise. Please help me as I need those too, but congrats on your progress and your efforts! Live happily! Support each other, this is one of the hardest things we will do in this blessed and damned life! Good luck!
  • MaddiJoseph
    MaddiJoseph Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Madison and I'm 26 years old. I was definitely overweight when I got pregnant the first time. I gained 20 or so pounds before I lost my daughter in the 7th month. I was on a warpath to have a baby after that so 5 weeks later I got pregnant with my wonderful little boy. I gained 45 pounds with him on top of the weight with my daughter. Now I want to set an active healthy example for my son as he grows up. I want to be able to keep up with him! on top of that I do want one more baby and I have a wedding for my sister who is super skinny that I am maid of honor in. I NEED to do this and anyone who wants to add me is welcome. I need the kick in the butt!
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi. Another newbie here.

2 kids in 4 years and now weighing 12 kilos more than my pre-baby weight. It's got to go! Never done sensible weight loss before but MFP looks like it could work. Can't do über exercise and starvation while doing the family thing and that was the openly weight loss program I knew in my 20s :/
  • doulanik
    doulanik Posts: 84
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here. I have a 4 year old and an almost 2 year old and I have about 55 lbs left to lose to get to my pre-marriage weight. I weighed 135 when I got married, 155 when I got pregnant with my oldest, and 165 when I got pregnant with my youngest. My husband and I would like to have another baby, but I don't want to start out at 190 lbs. :( I've never been one of those women who bounces back after pregnancy and I don't seen #3 being any different, so I'd like to give myself and year to lose as much as I can before we decide if a family expansion is in order. I log in every day and would love to share encouragement and motivation to anyone who would like to be my friend. :D