CHD warriors/angels

Options
JackieMac979
JackieMac979 Posts: 189 Member
Hello! Is anyone a Mom to a child with congenital heart defects? My son is 4, and he has multiple complex cyanotic CHD's. His Fontan was April 2010. If you have a CHD warrior or angel, please feel free to message me!

Replies

• jenniferscheller
    jenniferscheller Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My daughter has coarctation of the aorta, aortic stenosis, bicusbid aortic valve, and hypertension. She has had the COA fixed and we are keeping an eye on it. My twins had PDAs when they were born at 29 weeks.
  • laurajean2
    laurajean2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    My son was born with downs and had to have heart surgery when he was 9 months. He is 8 yrs old know. He goes to the heart doctor ever 6 months. he might need surgry again cause of the scar tissue in his heart that is blocking his blood from going to his heart. He still has little holes in his heart. But u wouldn't know it cause he can play with other kids just fine. but it is scarey to worry evey day like i do.
  • SarahAFerguson
    SarahAFerguson Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My two year old daughter has A coarctation of the aorta. Thankfully she seems to be growing out of it but her cardiologist is keeping a close watch on her blood pressures.
  • dtpurvis
    dtpurvis Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello! Our son is 6 and with Down syndrome and multiple CHDs. he just had PDA closure in August. Glad to know there are other CHD sisters on here!!