C2 question - how do you do it?

Options
I just got home from work. I am physically and mentally exhausted and the last thing I want to do is cook. I didn't get to cook things over the weekend, which is probably the best way to do it. But honestly, there are times I would like to eat something freshly cooked and not left over.

So my question is...I am starting C2 (or I am going to try). There are some recipes I want to try and most have some kind of starch that is permitted on C2. But it says you need to have it before 2:00. Herein lies my dilemma. Does this mean that if I want something I need to cook it the night before, but not eat it? I know I can only have it every other day. I thought this would be easier, but now I am not so sure. I like to make dinner, when I have to cook, eat it freshly cooked then take leftovers for lunch the next day.
But if I need to eat it before 2:00, that doesn't work.

What do you do? How do you manage with 2 cycles at once, which is basically what this is?

Replies

• DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Well, as you have seen I never successfully completed C2 according to the plan. Even including those "good" starches prior to 2pm threw my progress way off.

So I never achieved this. I feel your struggle personally.

My C2 plan consists of following the increased food choices in each category -- and still staying off starches. I set my goal to 1500 calories for food. My net is generally lower.

My C3 plan consists of doubling my protein entree in the evenings. I set my goal to 1800 calories for food.

Starches create a negative cycle of craving and over-eating for me. I'm best to avoid them when at all possible, dieting or not. I do fine with my ice cream treat in the evenings. That's sugar -- not starch.

My dinner on every plan consists of a protein entree (some sort of meat, eggs, or fish) and some vegetables. My entree may have a little sauce, like piccata or marsala or something asian, and I use Parmesan cheese to garnish the veggies.

That's it.