Merry Meet

Options
Merry Meet everyone,
this is where we introduce ourselves, and if you chose your goals and paths, lets just leave this as the Ice Breaker...

I'm Destiny, I'm a priestess in training, and I have a small coven here in Maryland. I love nature and I want to do everything i can to make our Mother Earth happy again. My goal is to lose weight (like everyone on here.) I just want to be a flexible like i was years ago, and to get rid of my Bronchitis. I am hoping to be at about 135 or so. I had the phone app for three days now and I have already lost two pounds! I'm amazed that this is working! (not many of the diet plans that i were on worked and the ones that did messed with my medication...not good)

Blessed Be,.
Lady Destiny

Replies

• Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Merry Meet All,

My name is Michiko but everyone knows me as Kougra. I am what you call a solitary practitioner. I have been here on this site since July 2011. To date I have lost 57 pounds and I am within 6 pounds of hitting my goal weight. I am a certified massage therapist and Reiki Master. I have my own private practice and love every minute of it. I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Blessed Be,
    Kougra
  • AlysonBug
    AlysonBug Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Its odd I joined 2 days ago and I was thinking all day to either start a group or post to find out where all the pagans were. Thanks for creating this group!

I have a coven I'm a co-priestess, we are not Wiccan just pagan and very eclectic. I'm very happy this group is here it will be nice to not only get regular motivation but spiritual as well. Especially since as Pagans we usually celebrate everything which includes a lot of good eats. After a long depression where I ate my feelings I gained 100 pounds (and its funny I didn't notice nor care I gained weight and I don't hate myself for gaining I don't even hate the way I look just wanna be healthy and have a baby), now I'm in the best place mentally and emotionally and its time to fight back, I am looking to lose 129 pounds. I've gone down 11 pounds already since the beginning of the month and I'm happy and excited for a future healthier body, mind, and soul. You can friend me, like minded souls are always wanted.
  • Cailleac
    Options
    Merry Meet everyone,
    I'm a solitary practitioner from Australia, and I look forward to finally being able to talk to like minded individuals :)
    I've always been overweight, and I've finally decided its time to do something about it. I'm aiming to lose around 65kg and get my life started!
    I'm always after that bit of support or inspiration, feel free to add me and we can help each other to meet our goals!
  • LyCannon
    Options
    Merry Meet everyone!

I'm a solitary practioner in Hawaii reaching out to like minded people. I've been using the Android app for a week now, trying to lose 15-20 lbs.

I haven't been an active practioner for 12 years or so, but over the last year, I've started to feel a big tug back towards the craft.

Feel free to add me!

I look forward to all of us reaching our goals!
  • jennrichhartle
    Options
    Merry Met, everyone!

I'm a solitary practicioner in Ohio, not really tied to a specific tradition, but consider myself pagan in general. I've been on the site for a while, and while I have had my ups and downs in life, I know this is helping me get in the right direction.

My biggest problem comes from the fact that I still 'eat my feelings'. This has been a long standing issue with me and something I am really struggling to work with. I hope that I will be able to work through this soon, or at least eat a carrot or something if I'm depressed. :)

Here's to success in a supportive environment!:flowerforyou:

BB!
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Merry Meet everyone! I'm Fiona and 'm in the UK. Also a solitary practitioner but I'm lucky to have many pagan friends some of whom are coven members.

Always glad to meet more like minded people especially here where we're all sharing the same sort of goals! I lost about 40 pounds last year then ground to a halt in the winter. Now I'm trying to pick back up again and hope to have a more successful and consistent year

Bright Blessings
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Merry meet,

My name is Amber, I'm twenty years old and Im a solatairy pratcioner I have ben practicing for I think about four or five years now. I have a four month old and because of this as well living in a concervative house hold I have not ben practicing as much as I would like. I have recently moved from New York to Flordia and in the process had to leave alot of my suplies behind which saddens me. I'm looking to loose over 50 lbs and will take all the support and motivation I can get. I have also never dieted before just never really cared but i want to get back in shape for my daughter so she can have a better life.
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Merry Meet everyone,

My name is Elzina and I'm in Ohio. When I started losing weight last yr before MFP I was 215. I'm 167 now and working towards 135.
    Wonderful to find some like minded people.
  • norma67
    norma67 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Merry Meet

I am very pleased to have found a group that allows us all to freely express ourselves without judgement. Within my family I have just about every religion that is known...lol but being the person I am I have become a solitary eclectic wiccan/pagan with a touch for crystal workings.

I have had a long path along my journey and each day brings new and fabulous adventures.

I am a divorced woman of 44 years with a 6'3" (oh goodness he is tall) 19 year old son. I have had a problem with weight all of my life but I have finally found a good path with which to really lose the weight thanks to MFP.

I started my weight at 170 and I am trying to get down to 125. I am 5'2" and doctor wants me between 115 and 125, I will be happy just hitting 125 lol.

Looking forward to getting to know each of you.

Blessings
    Norma
  • DestinyNightwing
    Options
    Merry Meet.

I was thinking the same thing to which is why I bit the bullet and created this group. I am here if you have any questions spiritually or just need plain support. I started this three days ago and have lost three pounds. not much to go for but still enough to keep me motivated. I also have great friends backing me up.. I'm glad you decided to join. and Welcome.

~Destiny
  • dbutorac
    dbutorac Posts: 120
    Options
    I have always been interested in Wiccan & Paganism, but I am a novice. I am trying to lose weight though, & interested in learning more about you all.
  • DestinyNightwing
    Options
    dbutorac:

Merry Meet,
    My Name is Destiny. If there is anything you would like to know please feel free to ask. I don't mind at all. It makes it worth wild to find people that are like minded (even just spiritually) that group together to lose weight, make friends, ect. I hope you find everything you need to know. and Good luck on your weight loss.

Blessed Be
    ~Destiny
  • myjenbear
    myjenbear Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Merry Meet,
    My name is Jennifer. I am a solitary practitioner in So Cal. I don't follow a set tradition; I'm more eclectic than anything. I am also a stay-at-home mom of 5. My goals arent even really set. I'm trying to loose weight and get myself healthy before my husband and I start trying for baby #2. I'm hoping to make friends. It has been difficult since my ex husband is former military and I lost touch with all my friends due to PCSing. I look forward to meeting you all!
  • myjenbear
    myjenbear Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey Norma! Speaking of tall sons....my 15 year old is 6' 3"! My "little brother" is 6' 5"...so I'm a little worried, lol. When I took my son in for a physical the doctor asked "how tall is mom?"
    "5' 7""
    "how tall is dad?"
    "6' 2""
    "you son should top out at about 6' 2" then"
    "um doc? He is 6' 3" now"
    "oh, I don't know then"

Lol.
  • DestinyNightwing
    Options
    Merry Meet Jennifer,

I'm glad you could join. Oh boy your son is tall...lol My biological father is all of 5'2" and my mom is 5'5" i am 5'3" my sister is 5'5". when my mom remarried my step dad (dad) is 6'4" and my baby brother (who is six) is half my height and my baby sister (5) is not far behind. i'm the shortest out of my family living here. So I know what you mean by omgs...lol

I do hope you enjoy yourself. and good luck on your goal for baby #2.

Blessed Be
    ~Destiny
  • pixieofdoom
    pixieofdoom Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    My dad was 6'3 and my mum is about 5'2 - I'm just scraping 5'5 and my 'little' brother is 6'2. Guess you can see where the genes fell in my family!
  • Embera
    Embera Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    no idea how tall ither parent is but i know im almost 5'5 and i can see over my moms head
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my ex is 6'2. My beautiful daughter is already 5'6 so I know shes going to be much talller than me.
  • norma67
    norma67 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hey Norma! Speaking of tall sons....my 15 year old is 6' 3"! My "little brother" is 6' 5"...so I'm a little worried, lol. When I took my son in for a physical the doctor asked "how tall is mom?"
    "5' 7""
    "how tall is dad?"
    "6' 2""
    "you son should top out at about 6' 2" then"
    "um doc? He is 6' 3" now"
    "oh, I don't know then"

Lol.

yes he will be tall....*smile*
    my ex husband was only 5'6" with me being 5'2"
    but than again I am the shrimp in my family lol
    all of the women on my side are starting at 5'6"
    and the men at 6'

thinking I was adopted LOL
  • ZyheeMoongazer
    ZyheeMoongazer Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hello All!

I am a solitary practitioner in Minnesota. I was raised Catholic but even at a young age I knew I didn't believe what I was being taught. I have never belonged to a coven and my mother is the only other person I have worshiped with. She is a Reiki Master, the added energy of having my mother work on me is amazing, it can't compare to having anyone else do it.

I don't like to categorize myself but if I had to I would say I follow the Dianic tradition.

Like everyone here I am looking to lose weight. I hate taking medications and want to take control of my health before there is no choice but to take something to control my blood sugar, cholesterol or whatever.

My starting weight is officially 242 but I suspect my highest weight was around 250-260 last summer. I started MFP around Dec 26th. I have lost around 8 lbs so far.