CrossFit Games

Options

Replies

• Sbiscotti
    Sbiscotti Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Did 12.2 today - hit 60. Couldn't quite get under 100...but since 80 was my 1 rep max back in Dec. and I just missed 100 (like 10 times b/c I had 2+minutes on the clock after 60)...grrrr
  • DJStewie
    DJStewie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Did 12.2 today - hit 60. Couldn't quite get under 100...but since 80 was my 1 rep max back in Dec. and I just missed 100 (like 10 times b/c I had 2+minutes on the clock after 60)...grrrr

That's a big improvement since December, great work!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    My 12.2 score was 30. The 45 lbs was fairly easy but I had a few no-reps. I had plenty of time left (like 5 minutes or more) but I couldn't get the 75 lbs up. I'd never done snatch before (i'm new to crossfit...only since jan 30th) so overall I was pleased even thought 60 was my goal. I always set my goals a bit high. Oh, I did 12.2 immediately after running a half marathon; I hadn't even stopped sweating yet....maybe that had something to do with it!

now, i cant wait till Wednesday so I can prep for 12.3. Now that I'm done with running, I can focus 100% on crossfit....
  • DJStewie
    Options
    My 12.2 score was 30. The 45 lbs was fairly easy but I had a few no-reps. I had plenty of time left (like 5 minutes or more) but I couldn't get the 75 lbs up. I'd never done snatch before (i'm new to crossfit...only since jan 30th) so overall I was pleased even thought 60 was my goal. I always set my goals a bit high. Oh, I did 12.2 immediately after running a half marathon; I hadn't even stopped sweating yet....maybe that had something to do with it!

now, i cant wait till Wednesday so I can prep for 12.3. Now that I'm done with running, I can focus 100% on crossfit....

Considering the half marathon and 1 month of crossfit experience, i'd say 30 is a really good score :smile:
  • DJStewie
    Options
    12.3: 6rounds +1

Box jumps are my nemesis, well...one of many nemesii
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    my score on 12.3 was 5 rounds +17 (15 BJ's and 2PP's)

I'm pretty happy with that - the female "competitors" from my box did 8+, 7+ & 6+. They are still on track to make regionals.
  • Sbiscotti
    Options
    12.3 score: 5 Rounds + 15 Box Jumps + 12 Push Press + 6 T2B.

Was on pace to get 7 rounds but did something to my left shoulder (tore rotator cuff last summer) that made my pace come to screeching halt. :( went from breaking the push press into sets of 6 to doing singles. Oh well. Wednesday is another wod :)
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Yeah, so ummm... 12.4 eh?
    LOL

Not even gonna try to attempt this one.
  • DJStewie
    Options
    i hope to make it through wall balls without puking
  • AggieCass09
    Options
    12.3 kicked my *kitten*. I had to scale EVERYTHING except the box jumps (which a 20" box was a new PR for me, I suck a jumping and had been using a 16" box). I couldnt do the TTB or KTE so I just did sit ups (18 rather than 9...) and I did 55 lb push press not 75. I ended up getting 2 rounds plus 25 reps (15 box jumps and 10 push press).

I felt so deflated after this work out, I acutally cried in the parking lot out of frustration. I was mad that I had to scale it down so much, but I guess that just leaves me PLENTY of room to push it next year!

Now, 12.4 scares the crap out of me. 150 wall balls at any weight is a lot, especially 14 lbs at 9'. But then linking 90 DU's is going to be killer. I dont expect to finish these two in 12 minutes. But even if i did, I cant do muscle ups. So, we'll give it a go but I'm not expecting much. I'll be doing this tomorrow at 9 am!
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm not officially signed up for the games, but have been doing the workouts on my own.

12.1 - 87
    12.2 - 67
    12.3 - 6+13
    12.4 - haven't dont it yet, not looking forwarad to it. I would love to get to 240, but I doubt it will happen. My DU's aren't that good.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    12.3 kicked my *kitten*. I had to scale EVERYTHING except the box jumps (which a 20" box was a new PR for me, I suck a jumping and had been using a 16" box). I couldnt do the TTB or KTE so I just did sit ups (18 rather than 9...) and I did 55 lb push press not 75. I ended up getting 2 rounds plus 25 reps (15 box jumps and 10 push press).

I felt so deflated after this work out, I acutally cried in the parking lot out of frustration. I was mad that I had to scale it down so much, but I guess that just leaves me PLENTY of room to push it next year!

Now, 12.4 scares the crap out of me. 150 wall balls at any weight is a lot, especially 14 lbs at 9'. But then linking 90 DU's is going to be killer. I dont expect to finish these two in 12 minutes. But even if i did, I cant do muscle ups. So, we'll give it a go but I'm not expecting much. I'll be doing this tomorrow at 9 am!

You got this! A rough workout can frustrate us all....redoing my CrossFit total recently hit me pretty hard cause my scores didn't improve and all the stress of things that had been going on with life, work, and just in general. 12.4 was rough, but you can do it.

Also great work HollyMac20!

As for how I did on 12.4 I only did 158.... Yea, not exactly a great score...but still got what I could done
  • DJStewie
    Options
    12.4 : 164 reps. I got the wall balls done in 10:04 but had no strength to jump for about 40 seconds. I normally can link about 15 DU's at a time but not after 150 wall balls :sick:
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    Didn't end up doing 12.4, part of me chickened out, but given the state of my knee, why risk injury if I'm not even competing?

What are we calling for 12.5? I'm thinking Deadlifts and pull ups got to show up soon.
  • AggieCass09
    Options
    12.4 I modified with a 10 lb ball (15lb made me want to stand under it during the descent on my practice ones...) and am pretty happy with my score of 131 in 12 minutes. I was kind of expecting to make it to double unders but after 6 minutes in, I knew it wasnt going to happen.

These work outs really have a way of humbling you!

I have learned that I have been leaving effort on the table during my usual WODs...so I'll be bringing the intensity to ALL My work outs; not just competition ones! Never have I felt the need to vomit DURING so many work outs as I have during 12.1, 12.2, 12.3 (which also made me cry), and 12.4! LOL

Gotta love crossfit!
  • XFitMojoMom
    Options
    wow - 12.5 is a little disappointing, but I knew pull ups would show up. Since I don't do pull ups, this one will be modified. Have I told you how much I hate Thrusters?
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    It is like some sort of freakish super fran. Glad it is capped at 7 min. That means there is an end to it.
  • DJStewie
    Options
    decided to get 12.5 done today since i may not be able to get to it again. 65 reps but that's my 4th straight day XFit. Hopefully I can do this again on Sunday with a rest day on Saturday.
  • Sbiscotti
    Options
    decided to get 12.5 done today since i may not be able to get to it again. 65 reps but that's my 4th straight day XFit. Hopefully I can do this again on Sunday with a rest day on Saturday.

65 reps is awesome!

At first when I saw this wod, I thought - "Again?? Seriously? Deja vu and a half." BUT then I thought about how it's a great way to check your progress and it familiarizes people who weren't doing CrossFit Open time last year with the always popular Fran. My coach at CrossFit Tuscaloosa took second last year worldwide with 158 reps. I'm excited to see how he does this year now that he's added on about 17 lbs of muscle.

This also brought me such a super proud moment. One of my clients at CFMC, who started CrossFit 45 days ago, got 4 reps. That means a relative newbie, got his very first chest-to-bar pullup! I think I was jumping up and down more than he was this morning. Soooo excited. I got my first unassisted pullup last May, and didn't get chest to bar until January. 45 days is AMAZING!

Good luck to everyone else hitting 12.5 this weekend!
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Done...only managed 53. Looking forward to next year, definitely need to work on improving!