Introduce yourself

Options
Hey all! I am a 25 year old mother of a 2 year old busy-body boy, I have a great husband, I am a full-time paralegal, and a full time grad student in a dual program- talk about busy!! My goal is to get healthy and be beach ready :) I have a very fast metabolism (Dr. tested and all) so I've always struggled to be a size 0 (sometimes being small can be too small-not cute at all). I am now a size 2 with the post baby weight I managed to keep, but I have a pooch (again, not cute). Along with losing my pooch I would like to gain 10lbs, I'm currently trying to balance a healthy high calorie diet with cardio and pilates, we'll how this goes... I am struggling to do the right exercises and eat the right diet, for me, gaining weight in a healthy way is a similar journey to my fellow members trying to lost weight. Being a super busy mom makes it all the worse! To all of you mamas out there, I really wish you the absolute best because I know it is a difficult journey. Being a mom is the hardest job of all, but we have to get healthy not only for our children, but for ourselves as well. Let's raise a glass to setting the stage for healthier living (being sexier doesn't hurt either lol). :tongue:

Replies

• jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I am a 31 year old mom of two boys, wife, work full time at a mental health center and plan on applying to grad school to become a therapist. I am ready to be able to outrun my kids again, before they get too big to outrun me anyway :) It is my aim to get a "bikini body". I probably won't wear one, but I would like to be able to. I have been on MFP for awhile but really only used it for the last few weeks and I love it!
  • tsornoza
    tsornoza Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My name is Terry. I am the mother of 3. Their ages are 12, 14, & 16. I work full time as a dispather. I have been working here for over 16 years. I am looking to lose weight for my health and to feel better about myself.

I took some before pics and they were EPIC. I can't wait to keep up with this support group and see how I can develop throught the months.
  • tsornoza
    tsornoza Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I raise a glass to your toast!!!!!!
  • MrsSullivan08
    MrsSullivan08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I am a 21 year old mom, sister, and soon-to-be wife. I have a very active (almost) 2 year old son. I have only been with MFP for 8 days, but it is helping me drop pounds and I LOVE it!!!!!!! I am hoping by June first I will have a "beach body". :)
  • TnDMommy
    TnDMommy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I'm a 37 year old SAHM, with two wonderful kids. My daughter will be 3 in March and my son is 16 months. I'm having a hard time keeping myself motivated!!! Looking forward to being a healthy role model for my munchkins.

Good luck on everyone's weight loss/gain journey!!! :happy:
  • rrtnat
    rrtnat Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Randi I'm a 29 year old mother of 3 beautiful children ages 10, 6, and almost 2. My husband travels for his job and often has to stay out of town a few nights a week due to this, I am a stay a home mom. I was always active then slowly after having kids began to gain weight now I no longer even know who I am. I want o get back to a positive me. with the fact that I am alone with my children so often, I have little to no support on my journey so I hope that this group will be of a great support to me
  • rrtnat
    rrtnat Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Very much luck to you on our journey being a ole model to our children is one thing that all of us have in common and I believe that this group will be an amazing help to so many I'm looking forward to this.
  • MILFaspirations
    MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hey all! About me:

My name is Dina. I'm 31. I need to drop 5-55lbs! I have a 4 year old daughter and an 18 month old son. My husband travels for work... so he's gone 3 days home 2 days. The 2 days he's home he cares for kids, I go into work. I get up at 5am and make it back home at 4pm on those days (unless its a weekend, then I don't work). The days he's gone, I work from home and take care of the kids.

Besides work... I also have taking my daughter back and forth to preschool, ballet, tap.

Besides that... these kids are demanding as HELL! And I feel like they don't have enough of me and I don't do enough with them as it is.

Besides all of that. I have a house to clean, kids to feed, meals to prepare.

Hmmm.. I guess thats it.
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    Hey ! My names morgan. Im a 21 year old mommy of a very active 1 year old! :) i figured the weight would just "melt off" like everyones said. But i find it hard to manage my full time job as a receptionist (sittin on my butt all day *sigh*) coming home and taking care of the baby AND finding time to eat well/exercise. I would definitely like to incorporate a healthy eating lifestyle for my daughter so she never has to struggle with weight ups and downs like i have! Cannot wait to be healthy and shed off this 20 lbs! Glad to know theres a group of women who are also trying to manage keeping healthy & raising their children. I hope to make a lot of friends here! <3
  • tenoclockbird
    Options
    Hi, Moms! Guess I'm the old lady in the crowd. I'm 40, and I have a 23 month old son, a nearly 7-year-old son, and an 8-year-old daughter. I stay home with them. Somehow I've managed to gain weight since my youngest son was born, and that's really unacceptable. I've got to stop resetting my starting weight on here, and get serious. I hit 200 a couple weeks ago, and that scared me. So, support from other moms seems like a good idea.

Bird
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm Ginger. I'm happily married with a 5 month old baby boy. I have a dry sense of humor & love to make people laugh. I love College Football (ROLL TIDE!) & playing drums. I lost 30 lbs in 2010 after being overweight all through my 20's. I finally got fed up with being fat. I went back to my original weight of 198 after I had my baby. I've taken 10 lbs off since he was born & my goal is 40 more.

Nice to meet you all!