Im a march bride...

Options
lada5574
lada5574 Posts: 4 Member
Hi All,

Im a march bride.. (not long now!), however only purchased my dress in the first week of january. Since then ive lost 3.3kg (7 pounds), and am aiming for another 5.8kg by the wedding (31st march). The boutique has ordered in a size 14 (australian) of my dress and has told me we will have a fitting in mid feb, and then final alterations 10 days before the wedding. Should i be calling them to get a size 12 and having seams let out if worst comes to worst??

Im currently 73.8kg, 170cm (still over 25BMI). Aiming for 68kg by the wedding...

Thoughts?

Lauren

Replies

• andrea_marie3
    andrea_marie3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't....it's a whole lot easier to take a dress in than to let it out. They shouldn't have any problems fitting it to you even if you lose more weight.
  • andrea_marie3
    andrea_marie3 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    PS - Congratulations!
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    What Andrea said....way easier to take in than let out.

I was right in between sizes when I ordered, and I went with the bigger size even though I plan to lose some weight, for this same reason.
  • lada5574
    lada5574 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thanks. I think i'll leave it as is.
  • losinglbs0208
    Options
    I was worrying about this same thing this morning! I'm a March bride, too, but we're eloping. I bought a cute white dress (at White House Black Market, for any other elopers out there) and got it in a 14. I'm now buying a 10 pants, but can still fit in my 14 pants (although they're baggy.) I just thought "What if the dress is way too big! What will I do?" My answer: I'll be glad that I've lost so much weight!