New and ready to lose my baby pudge!!

Options
agranados87
agranados87 Posts: 23 Member
Hi everyone! My name is Angela, and I had a beautiful baby in September. Before I was preggo, I was in excellent shape; I was training for a marathon, muscular, and could outrun everyone in my unit. I got pregnant when my husband returned from Afghanistan and everything went down hill. I was very sick in the begining, but after the second tri came, I was feeling pretty good and HUNGRY! lol, so I abandoned all my good eating habits and just let myself go. I tried to go to the gym when I could, but then I had some pre-term labor around 26 weeks and couldn't work out anymore, but I continued to eat. At the end of my pregnancy I was up to 190 lbs, I had gained 50 lbs!! I started dieting as soon as I got home from the hospital, and when I was cleared, I started exercising. I am now at 151 and I have 11 lbs to go to my first goal weight.. Although I am losing weight, I still have my baby pouch- please tell me it will go away! :(

Replies

• aubreyslye
    Options
    The pudge goes away easily with #1- and you are so young that your skin will still be tight. Keep your chin up. You don't have much to go. I had my 2nd son 8months ago and have been struggling to get off the last 5-8lbs for several months now. Even though my weight has been about the same for those month, I can tell I am getting stronger and leaner. But its harder with #2 because you are snacking when the older one snacks and eating pb&j crusts! :). Good luck!!! Try ordering the bar method DVD- my body is transforming bc of these classes in Houston called bar classes. Ordered the DVD for when I can't get to the class.
  • theoddlittleduck
    theoddlittleduck Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good Luck :) I'm sure you'll reach your goal. With my first I lost my weight fairly quickly (was within 5lbs within 6 weeks), but after my second it's been a disaster. My youngest is 18mo and I'm still 4.5lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight.

I lost 10lbs over and above my pre-pregnancy weight with my first and had a pretty flat tummy (without diet modification and just my regular excercise). It can be done.