Introduce yourself

Options
I'll start.

My name is Nadia. I'm muslim (obviously lol) I converted about 8 years agao alhumdulilah. I'm 26. I'm married with two small children, a girl (2.5yrs), and a son (8months). I live in Perth in Western Australia. I've only been on MFP for a couple of weeks now, and although I got off to a flying start I have since lagged a bit. :cry: I'm currently sitting at 322 pounds and hope to get down to around the 150 mark. It's a lot but I hope I can get there inshallah.

Looking forward to getting to know you all...

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• nadiaez
    nadiaez Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Nadia (also!) and I live the UK,.....my father is Tunisian and mum English.

I am married to a wonderful man alhamdullilah, and have the most amazing little girl mashallah, and have been on this site since July after having my little girl in May :)
  • tasnim81
    tasnim81 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Salaam aleykum/hi! :flowerforyou:

My name is Therese, I'm from Sweden but live in Tunisia since -02. Married, have 2 daughters and muslim since -05, alhamdulillah.

I've been a member here for quite some time but didn't have the courage (well, I was lazy, lol) to actually change my eating habits and all until october last year when I finally decided I'd had enough. I was then 102.9 kg's, and felt like 50 years old instead of 30. Now down to 94.8, feeling a lot better and love both healthy food and exercise.:happy: I dream of owning my own horse one day insha'Allah and that's my biggest motivation to be slimmer and strong, and also the fact that, well, taking care of ourselves is important in our religion.. and I haven't been doing that. At all.:embarassed:

Love the group, btw, thank you for starting it!:flowerforyou:
  • rosycheeks92
    Options
    Hi guys my names Hannah im from the UK and also muslim :D ive got a lot of weight to lose :( hopefully we can all become good weightloss buddies.

x
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    i believe u absolutely will get there. it's hard work i know. but to introduce myself, my name is Sonja / aminah, is what my husband calls me and the other muslims in the community. i live in Atlanta, Ga. and i converted about 9yrs ago back in 2003 0f Nov. i am the only Muslim in my family and i have a great support system from my family. well i started mfp in 2009. i always start off strong and like many others i will start to slack off. or i'll end up pregnant and i don't log in as much. i had lost a total of 14lbs last year starting in ramadan, because that is when i decided to start back logging in and i was very dedicated until just recently when i found out i was pregnant and i started slacking on logging. my intent is to continue through out the pregnancy this time to continue to log what i eat but i seem to forget all the time. i did since ramadan loose 14lbs. i was excited and very motivated. so i will get back in the game insha'Allah.
  • smb0701
    smb0701 Posts: 234
    Options
    nice to meet everyone:)
  • mesalem
    mesalem Posts: 10
    Options
    Salamoaleikom all. I'm Marwa, Egyptian, married with two beautiful girls (8.5 and 6 yrs). I'm currently living in NC, USA since I'm getting my PhD in Economics. BTW, I have tremendous respect for anyone who's converted to Islam, mashaAllah. I was born muslim, AHL, and I think it must have taken a lot of faith and conviction to convert, may Allah bless all of you.

I've started MFP in January and have lost 13 lbs so far. Still 110 lbs to go, so I pray to be able to do it and not slack off. Looking forward to us pushing each other. Good luck to everyone!!
  • laniepoo7
    Options
    ASAK to everyone!

My Name is Lane and I converted to Islam Ramadan 2010 after studying the religion for almost 2 years, alhamdulillah! I live near Detroit, MI with my husband and step-daughter and have about 60 lbs to lose. I started here last year, but did not keep with the logging in. I am hoping to find some friends here that would encourage me and keep me accountable. I am also looking forward to doing the same for other sisters, insha'Allah.

Thank you for starting this group!

Salaam!

Lane
  • emcemayo
    emcemayo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    asalam alaiykum lovers of sujood
    My name is Maryam from nigeria am a muslim and am happy to see fellows here too.
    Am weighin 180 n 5'7 hoping to lose 40 pounds to get to a healthy state hoping to add you all as friend and i wish you all the very best to optomum health.
  • SheilahArnett4
    Options
    Hello to all of my brothers and sisters!
    Jummah Mubarak!
    My name is Sheilah and I live in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States.
    I reverted to Islam during Ramadan (August 18th, 2011 to be exact ALHAMDULILLAH).
    I am so glad I found a Muslim group to join, if I didn't find one I was going to create one.
    Let's see... I am a mommy to two beautiful and amazing children.
    Brayden is my son and he is 4 and my little soccer player.
    My daughter is Avery and she will be 2 in June!
    I am married and I work as a sign language interpreter, but recently applied to work as a teacher at a
    Muslim school, insha'Allah.
    I love to travel... Traveling and learning new languges are my two favortie hobbies :)
  • SheilahArnett4
    Options
    Your words were so encourging! MashaAllah
    I converted to Islam and I was suprised how many of my friends were so supportive, sadly my mom hasn't been a supporter at all... All I can do is leave it to Allah and continue to say duas for her.
  • munichmangler
    munichmangler Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Asalamu aleikum warachmur Allah wa barakatu.

My name is Silva / Rashida. I'm 51 and live in the UK with my 2 cats and 3 chickens. I reverted to Islam in June 2007 Alhamdullilah! Everyone was very supportive around me, apart from my oldest friends who took quite a long time to come around to the idea that I pray 5x a day and cover up. My mum and sister accepted me straight away Alhamdullilah. In fact, my mum reverted too in Feb 2009 as she had seen so many changes for the better in me - Subhanallah! She was 85 years old. Sadly, I lost her in Ramadan 2009 - may Allah (swt) grant her Jannah Firdous.

Apart from working full time I also volunteer at an Islamic Sunday school. At the moment I'm assisting with the Islamic Level 4 class and study in the Arabic Level 5 class. From the new school year I'll be teaching Level 2 Islamic class and assist the Level 4 Islamic class Insha'Allah.

I joined MFP on 3rd Feb this year and have lost 30 lb so far with another 14-16 lb to go. I'm very committet to becoming healthier and log everything every day. The only thing I'm struggling with is to get into a gegular exercise regime. I like walking and I have a wii but often I feel too tired at the end of my working day to motivate myself into doing some exercise.

Jazak Allah Khairan for starting this group sister. Together we can support each other and achieve our goals!

I love you all for the sake of Allah (swt). Ameen. xx
  • LittleElephant
    LittleElephant Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatallah wa barakathu.

MashaAllah what lovely stories you've all shared! I've been a lurker here on the group for a while now hoping that someone would get the group more active but since it's still so quiet I thought I'd introduce myself anyway.

I'm Charlotte and i officially converted in 2001 after studying Islam and "living as a Muslim" for about 4 years. I'm married to an Egyptian alhamdulilah and we have 2 kids, a boy who just turned 3 and a girl whos 1. We live mostly in England though spend several months each year in Egypt also.

Inshallah we will get to know each other better and support each other on this healthy journey.
  • Leylaos
    Leylaos Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Assalamu Aleykum dear sisters

i know some of you already from my friends list but those who dont know anything my name is Lela i converted to islam 4 years ago Alhamdullilah after learning about differnt religons n as soon as i started to learn about islam i knew it was the truth as our beautiful religon n Quran is perfect i could not fault it and anything i was unsure f Allah someway or another shwed me the answer Alhamdullllah

MashAllah its nice to read all your storys and most of you are converts Mash,Allah and the sister whos mum converted MashAllah how beautiful may Allah reward you and your mum n may Allah reward us all n keep us on the right path Ameen

anyway reason i joined mfp is i had a baby 6 months agoAlhamdulillah i now weight 176 ibs n im 5ft 6 n inshallah i would like to get to my 1st goal of 168 ibs pre pregancy,then i wanna keep going n inshallah get to 140 ibs my weight two years ago when i was confident :) i live in uk n im english n my husband is somali :) MashAllah Alhamdulillah

salam aleykum
  • cocoa_cutie513
    cocoa_cutie513 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    As salaam alaikum. My name is Shaymaa. I am 29, with no children. Man, am I the only sister who doesn't cover? I'll get there one day inshallah.

Oh, I'm looking to lose about 20lbs while building muscle. I am a vegetarian, and have been for almost 2 years. I am learning so much about clean and healthy living. I love it!
  • Leylaos
    Leylaos Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    As salaam alaikum. My name is Shaymaa. I am 29, with no children. Man, am I the only sister who doesn't cover? I'll get there one day inshallah.

Oh, I'm looking to lose about 20lbs while building muscle. I am a vegetarian, and have been for almost 2 years. I am learning so much about clean and healthy living. I love it!

wa laikum assalam sister im looking to loose about 20ibs more inshallah if i can n im also wanting to keep muscle n burn fat :)

where u from sister?
  • cocoa_cutie513
    cocoa_cutie513 Posts: 41 Member
    Options

wa laikum assalam sister im looking to loose about 20ibs more inshallah if i can n im also wanting to keep muscle n burn fat :)

where u from sister?

I'm in Dayton, Ohio. I just got on scale today and I'm already down 3lbs. It maybe only water weight, but who knows. Anyway I'm doing Jamie Eason's LiveFit 12 week program on bodybuilding.com. What are you doing for your workouts? How long you been on your journey?
  • complicatedmoves
    complicatedmoves Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    As Salaamu Alikum,

My name is Adeelah. I reverted to Islam about 11 years ago. I am a wife, a mother, a social worker, and a performer (dance/musical theatre). I live in Atlanta, Georgia; but I am originally from Flint, Michigan . I've been trying to get rid of this baby weight since my daughter was born in 2007. It's been a slow uphill battle.
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Wa alikum al salam ( For all who siad Al salam allikum ).
    My name is Abdo....
    I am from syria, and I live in UAE.
    I am an engineer and I work in office.....sitting in front of PC for 9 hour every day.
    I started MFP in 08 jan 2012, and after 4 mothes mostly I reached my goal ( 16 Kg - 35 lbs ), and I am here now to avoid re-gain......

Very happy to see many reverting to Islam story.....ALhamdolilah for you........
  • kashudesu
    kashudesu Posts: 7
    Options
    Salam Alaikum!!!

Wow so many reverts~ I'll join the club *laughs*
    My name is Steph (although my besties dad has given me the name "Mariam/Maryam" right after taking the Shahada :D So feel free to call me Mariam~~ ) and I'm an Aussie down in NSW. 22 year old uni student with a part-time job at a call centre aha. I'm studying contemporary music studies at the moment but I'm no longer feeling the pull towards it...

Anyhow!!
    I'm... currently sitting at 69kgs (160cms tall) and just... looking to go back into the healthy weight range.
    Haven't been looking after myself... but I hope to change that now.
    Since converting, I've come to a lot of different conclusions... one big one is that I ultimately want to go into working with Charity. But... seeing as I can't look after myself properly... how am I going to look after someone else?
    so... Insha'ALLAH I can work towards both goals :) aha that and developing some more sabr >.<;;;

Masha'ALLAH its so beautiful to have such a nice community on here!! Lovely to meet you all <3 I'll keep all of your goals in my prayers :] <3333
  • NajahDaMuslimah
    Options
    As-salaamu alaikum!

I'm Audrey, and my Islamic name is "NAJAH". I reverted to Islam January 19th, 2010...Alhamdu Lillah. My husband "Yusuf", is also Muslim; and we reside in NC. I really look forward to meeting, not just new people; but good people as well...Insha Allah. Shukran for accepting me into the group.