Workout DVD's for Kids

Options
nlehmann
nlehmann Posts: 164 Member
I have 7, 5 and 4 year old girls. They love to watch and work out with me. When the weather is nice they will ride bike while I run. They are in gymnastics (on and off), swim lessons/team in the summer and fall, plus soccer and basketball in season. So they are all very active, however, we live in Iowa and it is -5 right now -BRR!!. It makes getting out and moving around difficult with all three of them. I hate it when I get a good workout and they are watching TV or doing a craft. I would like to get them a DVD or some program I can set up while I workout to get them up and moving during these cold, wet months. Anyone have suggestions? We don't have gaming systems (banned at our house for fear of addiction :) ) so a Kinect or Wii is out. Thanks for any ideas or input!

Replies

• Justine13
    Justine13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My little boy is 5 and he is the same way. he bikes when i run and is into hockey and baseball. I do Jillian Michaels work out videos they are approx 20-35min long and he can almost finish them. If you have room you could try putting music on and getting your kids to copy what you do. I used to babysit my niece and nephew and thats what i would get the 3 of them to do. it's nice because instead of watching someone on a movie you can interact with them, make it fun and help correct them if they are doing a move wrong (don't want them to get hurt).
    Hope this helps :0)
    Justine