Finding momentum

Options
loGIJane
loGIJane Posts: 30 Member
I think the most difficult part about trying a new weight loss programme is getting into the swing. The myfitnesspal app is great for keeping you on track plus the fact that you know your activity is being sprayed all over the newsfeed, its a great incentive.

I use the app on my Android phone as well as the ipad and find this works well. Coupled with a BodyFit monitor it gives a good accurate account of the calories burned.

All the best and c'mon Aussies!

Replies

• almondgirl00
    Options
    My big thing is fitness. I've lost a lot of weight but now I want to get fit while I lose the rest. I've got another five weeks of holidays and I'd really like to get up and moving rather than lying around watching old episodes of abfab and rereading all the Harry Potter books. And to be able to work food around stress! My goodness, I am one of those people who can go along swimmingly, eating a decent amount of calories and then something bad hits and I either undereat or overeat, neither of which are healthy for my body.

I love tracking stuff on my phone. It's so useful to be out at lunch and to just see my phone staring up at me as if to say "I know what you're doooooooooooooing, you should tell other people how naughty you've been".

Best of luck to you too (:
  • loGIJane
    Options
    That's awesome. I was reading (and I think this is so true for me) that it is extremely difficult if not nearly impossible to do the same thing twice for weight loss. So for me this is working so far as its new (using the myfitnesspro app). It's like you have to report into it each day and know people are watching you. Love it! ;-)
  • Fififantastic
    Options
    Ive been looking at this thread and it hasnt moved, which is kinda sad considering its called "finding momentum" C'mon Aussies where are you? Hope you all had a great Australia Day today. I started the day at a concert, singing and playing in my band, then home for a quick nana nap ( rock and roll LOL) Then out to dinner at the pub with friends. I even had a (half) piece of pavlova and ended the day under my calorie goal. It was a great day and I felt proud and happy to be an Aussie!! What did you do to celebrate Australia Day???
  • loGIJane
    Options
    Went around to the folks for a BBQ with lamb of course :-) Goodness me the price of lamb has jumped up for Australia Day! Had a fantastic day and managed not to over eat and still felt fulfilled. Was a beautiful day.
  • missionvenus
    Options
    Checking in for the first time on this forum. I hope the forum has a few more contributors because I too need help in keeping it going.
  • martina2611
    Options
    OK my momentum is i have a wedding to go to at the end of April and i want to be at least 5kg's less so i can fit into a dress (any dress) from a nice store, and if I'm honest i would like to rub it in some people's face that haha i look good lol.
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    OK - my momentum is to feel better, not only physically but also emotionally. I really don't like what I see in the mirror. I am also at high risk of diabetes and do not want that to eventuate.

I am walking home from work 1 day a week and so far we have not cancelled but rescheduled hen either of us has a clash, so thats a good sign. I have also found an outdoor gym near home that I go to once a week - 9 workout stations on a 1.6km track. It must be doing some good as my muscles have been sore! I am also walking up the stairs at work. I go don 23 flights twice a week and go up between 5 and 14 flights (after 14 I feel like I am going to die!). I am also doing my first fun run in a couple of weeks (5km) and will do at least 3 more this year (4km, 14km and 12km) though I am walking them all. Once I am fitter, I am planning to do the couch to 5km running programme.

From today, I am going to try tracking my food. Though my basic diet is healthy (lots of fruit and vegies), I eat a lot of add on crap. Unfortunately work has a lolly jar and I don't yet have strong will power.

Sooo, hoping this group will keep me motivated and accountable :-)
  • martina2611
    Options
    14 flights of stairs wow, that is awesome! Keep going with it, that makes me want to do more :embarassed:
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, I am breathing hard after 5 flights and every flight thereafter is a triumph!

Apologies for the spelling errors in previous post, my W sticks