Hello and Welcome!!

Options
Kougra
Kougra Posts: 358 Member
Hello and welcome to all the new members of the group! Please take a minute to introduce yourselves and tell us a little about yourself. I look forward to hearing from you all!!

Replies

• AriadneSnow
    AriadneSnow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I'm Angela, I'm 33 years old, live in New Zealand and have moderate Ulcerative Proctitis - which I've had for 10 years. I'd been fine the last few months, but I'm just been having a flare-up the last couple of days. I'll have to up my medication, I really don't want to de-rail my new fitness regime!
  • adairt1
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm Tony. I'm from West Palm Beach, FL but originally from Charlotte, NC. I was diagnosed with UC about 5 years ago and have been in a flare for roughly 4 years of it. It is very tough on me with this because I love to run 5k races and such and the UC is preventing that sometimes. My next step is either Prednisone or Remicade. I really can't decide which is worse. When I took Prednisone before I felt horrible for weeks and gained about 30 pounds. AAAGGGGHHHH!
  • dahvishont02
    dahvishont02 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I am LaDahvia and I have been diagnosed with Crohn's for about 15 years. I have had 2 surgeries and 1 foot of bowel removed. I am on 1 pill - Mercaptopurine. My last obstruction in 2008, 2 months after my wedding, caused me to balloon to a nice plump weight of 200 lbs. Most people expect you to be rail thin with Crohn's, but since I manage pretty well, I have not had an episode like that since I was 13. The additional weight has caused me to acquire high blood pressure, now I am on more blood pressure meds than Crohn's meds. Funny. But I am now on my journey to shake this Prednisone weight. I will be submiting my form for Team Challange today I am so amped!!! Hopefully training for the half marathon will help me loose this weight and find a cure for my father and I. Yes it is a family affair :laugh:

8541995.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hello all! So glad to y'all here. I am Michiko. I was diagnosed with Crohn's 15 years ago. I am currently controlling it thru herbal supplements. I have been on prednisone on and off for years. That is the most evil drug ever. I did a round of Remicade years ago. For about 8 years, I stayed in remission without the drugs. About 3 years ago, I got hit pretty hard with a flare up. I was once again put on the meds. At that time, I was also seeing my primary care giver and he did a bunch of blood work. I was then told that my kidneys and liver was being damaged by the drugs. So he took me off the meds. After that the symptoms weren't awful and the docs tried different things. Anyways, to make a long story longer, I was referred to Naturopath Doc in August when the flare got out of control. Here in Fort Collins, we have the Wholeness Center which does a more natural way to treat ailments. I was skeptical but went anyways. After a few visits, my doc prescribed some herbal supplements and plant enzymes. After 5 months, I feel better than ever. And the best thing, I don't have the awful side effects that you get with the meds. I have even had to change my way of eating but it is working. :flowerforyou:
  • egrimm2219
    Options
    Hello everyone! I'm Erin, from Michigan. I have been battling with Crohn's for 11 years now. I initially started on Remicade and it worked wonders. I was on that medicine for 10 yrs until it finally stopped working for me. My doctor recently switched me over to Humira. At the current time, I'm not a huge fan and not feeling that it's helping. In return he had to put me on steroids (even harder to lose this weight!!) Looking into going to University of Chicago Hospital to get another opinion and hopefully good news!
  • egrimm2219
    Options
    :smile:
  • egrimm2219
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm Tony. I'm from West Palm Beach, FL but originally from Charlotte, NC. I was diagnosed with UC about 5 years ago and have been in a flare for roughly 4 years of it. It is very tough on me with this because I love to run 5k races and such and the UC is preventing that sometimes. My next step is either Prednisone or Remicade. I really can't decide which is worse. When I took Prednisone before I felt horrible for weeks and gained about 30 pounds. AAAGGGGHHHH!

I had wonderful results with Remicade. I'm very disappointed that my body stopped responding to it. I feel like no other medicine even compares. I know medicine works different for everyone but from my personal opinion....I thought it was a MIRACLE drug!! If you want to talk about it further, I'd gladly talk to you about it!
  • jnpgrad1
    jnpgrad1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello all!
    My name is Princess (currently living in Virginia) and I believe I have been living with Crohn's most of my life but only got diagnosed 6 years ago. I've been told it's mild to moderate but when I am in a flare it sure does feel pretty severe. I have been in remission for aporx. 1 1/2 years eating everything in site and then last wednesday while driving I began to feel those horrible abdominal cramps again. I am so happy to have found you all now because i was needing this site for weight loss now I need support from my fellow Crohnnies. do happy you here. <3<3
    Thanks for sharing.