Newbie to insanity :D

Options
I started insanity yesterday, and I would like some support and tips ! Please and thank you! :)

Replies

• Thefitnessvixen
    Options
    I started insanity yesterday, and I would like some support and tips ! Please and thank you! :)

Take one day at a time,do as much as YOU can do! Take as many breaks as you need to.It is tough but it is only 2 months....so keep going even when you think you can't!Take pics...they are so much better than the scale in seeing your progress.EAT,EAT,EAT!!!! You need to fule your body when doing this kind of program!If you don't eat you wont see the weight come off!!! Hope this helps you!!:smile:
  • misalillstead
    misalillstead Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Woo! I just started Insanity too. Had my butt kicked today, haha... I really have to modify a lot of the moves right now, but as long as I keep moving and break when I need to, should be ok.
    Good Luck, I hope to hear about your progress!
  • GingerNinjaUK
    GingerNinjaUK Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am now on Day 5 :-P feeling the burn now lol Good luck ladies xxx
  • cardercUSC
    cardercUSC Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity on Sunday of last week. Been kicking my butt lately but today went really well :)
    Let's keep it up !
  • rachaelclifford26
    Options
    Just keep with it. Ive only been doing it a week and seeing the improvements in what I can do already!! Flexibility wise the change is crazy...!! Ive also NEVER been able to do a proper push up in my life and can do 8 after a week!! Really pleased with the results...you just need to keep doing what you can!! :happy:
  • lhutch16
    Options
    Just started today with the Fit Test!! Wish me luck!!! My husband and I both are going to try and do it. We both have been working really hard the past 4.5 months to lose weight. I felt like it was time for a change. I have been doing only cardio these past few months... but said when I hit a particular weight goal I would start some body weight type strength/cardio interval training. Hoping to start to tone up while I continue to lose! Plus I still play sports so I would love to see some improvements in that area too! Felt like Insanity was the best choice for me! We will see!! I am a little wary of the calorie recommendations though... it is significantly more than I have been eating. But I am going to go with it. We did our before pictures and measurements last night!! 1 Day Down- 59 to go!!
  • mslang528
    Options
    Good luck!!
  • Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! i finished two rounds of it. Its a crazy workout!! don't get discouraged if you cant do it all. Shaun T still needs to rest :) Just keep diggin deep and eventually you will be able to do more and more :)
  • jasonsurmillon
    jasonsurmillon Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just keep pushing through! and bringgg it!
  • PhiaNan
    Options
    I have started insanity today :oS about to take on my first fit test this afternoon...wish me luck. Is anyone also doing the diet?
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I just started Insanity today also, and my husband has decided to join me. I just finished ChaLean Extreme, but this is his first workout program. It would be a huge accomplishment if I can get him to complete the program with me.
  • PhiaNan
    Options
    How did you find your first insanity workout?
  • kreat
    kreat Posts: 136
    Options
    I have done insanity before for about 3 weeks. You will be in pain for the first week. Guaranteed!!...lol... However, the pain goes away quickly as long as you workout everyday and push yourself. I had to stop due to having Shoulder Surgery, however I'm about to be released from light duty, so I will be starting insanity back soon. I will also tell you that from the first time I did my trial numbers to the second time I tried, my numbers greatly increased. Insanity does work. It will be a tough 63 days, but it is well worth it!!!
  • KimAggie04
    KimAggie04 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I am on day 2. Wow! I looked through the videos before I started this program, but it is harder than I expected. I couldn't keep up with them the whole time. I slowed down a little but didn't stop. That is all I ask of myself... push as hard as you can, rest if you have to, but don't quit!
  • kreat
    Options
    I am on day 2. Wow! I looked through the videos before I started this program, but it is harder than I expected. I couldn't keep up with them the whole time. I slowed down a little but didn't stop. That is all I ask of myself... push as hard as you can, rest if you have to, but don't quit!

Once you get past the first week, it starts to get a little easier. After the first 3 weeks, the pain starts or has already gone away...lol... Just keep pushing yourself. :laugh:
  • kreat
    Options
    I heard a quote the other day......

You are only as tough as you push yourself.

You will never get any better unless you try harder than the time before.
  • kreat
    Options
    I have started insanity today :oS about to take on my first fit test this afternoon...wish me luck. Is anyone also doing the diet?

GOOD LUCK!!!!!
  • polkie05
    polkie05 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm on week four and I feel great. I just need to continue working it out.
  • heidivee
    heidivee Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I want to start insanity, but want to know the best place to sign up? Is going through a coach a good idea or can I just order it through the internet? Any advice?
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options

Once you get past the first week, it starts to get a little easier. After the first 3 weeks, the pain starts or has already gone away...lol... Just keep pushing yourself. :laugh:

and then it quickly returns when you start month 2 :grumble: