The dreaded muffin top...

Options
kimi131
kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
After weeks of listening to my coworkers fuss that I am "not a size 10!" I tried on some 8s and 6s today. Both fit, but tighter than what I'm used to these days. The 6s were pretty snug. But... both pairs revived the dreaded muffin top.

Here's my questions/thoughts:
-Does a muffin top mean they are actually the wrong size? Too small? I have been wearing 10s believing this to be the case, but everybody keeps yelling that I'm a size 8 or 6. For me, no muffin top means baggy everywhere else.

-Any suggestions to get rid of/ hide the muffin top? I have one of those skinny-maker things, but I don't really think it does much to hide the muffin top.

Replies

• kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    keep searching for the perfect pants or get them tailored :P
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    You might need a higher or lower rise. Typically muffin top is a result of the jean, not the wearer.
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You might need a higher or lower rise. Typically muffin top is a result of the jean, not the wearer.

I agree with this statement.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options

I agree with this statement.

I agree as well. Not everyone can wear hip-huggers! Find jeans that fit your body, not what is currently in fashion & you'll probably be much happier. Good luck!
  • ILoveFroggies
    ILoveFroggies Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh I hear you!
    Muffin tops are grossssss :(

Yeah, go with jeans that have a higher waistline like so it keeps the muffin top contained
  • traceyaand
    traceyaand Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Fit and style of the cut of jeans or pants really are everything! Sure we could all squeeze into some jeans that may flatter are ego by being a size or two smaller, but to me, it isn't worth it if you are overflowing out of them! Wear what you are comfortable in, no matter what the size is. I also have a LITTLE trick I like to do. I wear a tight tank under my shirts and tuck them into my jeans. One step away from a shaper, but it helps me to keep my tummy pulled in throughout the day and makes me feel more confident. Congrats on the weight loss.
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    -Any suggestions to get rid of/ hide the muffin top? I have one of those skinny-maker things, but I don't really think it does much to hide the muffin top.

i realise this is a very old post, but in case you are still reading it:

i can recommend levi's jeans, they have really stepped up to the challenge to make jeans in shapes that women come in.
    here is a link to your "Curve ID" finder: http://us.levi.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=4370093

by "curve" they basically mean the width difference between your butt and your waist and it goes from "slight curve" to "supreme curve". in addition to that you could try a "classic rise" which is a bit higher than the "modern rise" and a lot higher than the "low rise", but you may even like modern, its what i wear and it doesnt cause any muffin looks. :)

in addition you can choose between skinny, straight, skinny bootcut, and bootcut.

hope this helps :)